Leftover Turkey Soup tastes amazing plus it’s an awesome way to use up some of that Holiday Turkey. I love leftover turkey recipes for the slow cooker, it’s a filling dinner with hardly any work. If your house is like our house, we enjoy holiday turkey leftovers for at least another meal or two! Leftover turkey and vegetable soup will be a new hit at your after thanksgiving table too!
(**** new photo****)
Leftover Turkey Soup Recipe
Leftover Turkey Soup is a quick and easy crock-pot dinner idea that’s great for using up some of your Thanksgiving Turkey leftovers! It’s a tasty soup that will be right ready when you get home from a long day of Christmas shopping 🙂
Here are more fabulous soup recipes we’re sure you’ll love too!
Slow Cooker Tips & Tricks
Let’s just have a little crock pot talk here for a minute…
As most of you know I’m a graduate of the Culinary School and one of the class that’s required is Sanitation and Safety. During this class we had an eye-opening chat about slow cookers and how they can be the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and pathogens.
• If not careful they can be the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and pathogens.
• Preheat your crock pot just like you preheat your oven so plug it in and turn it to the high setting to get it nice and hot from the start for cooking.
• Add everything into the crock pot as warmed up as it can be, to cut down on the getting-the-food-hot portion of cooking, this is where you need to be cautious and make sure it is all hot and up to cooking temperature in 2-3 hours.
• If food stays between 41 degrees and 135 degrees for 4 hours, then it has to be thrown out because the bacteria and pathogens have had much too much time to grow and a food borne illness is a likely result.
• If you add meat make sure it is thawed and NEVER frozen, if it’s beef or pork brown it first.
• Add liquids hot ie: like use HOT water or warm up any liquids in the microwave first then add them in already hot.
Slow Cookers are wonderful things and if we take a couple of quick precautions to keep food safe while using them… they are even better! 🙂
- 3 C shredded cooked turkey, white or dark
- 1 lrg onion, diced
- 3 potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
- 4 carrots, scrubbed and sliced
- 4 celery, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 6 C chicken broth, or 6 C water and 6 chicken bouillon
- 1 can corn, drained
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on low 6 hours or high 3 hours. Serve!
If you love our Leftover Turkey Soup Recipe we hope you’ll also enjoy these slow cooker recipes!
Leftover Turkey Soup Recipe is definitely a dinner the whole family will enjoy!!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make this recipe leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie so we can share the joy of cooking with you!
One more thing before you go!. . . be inspired with CWR Recipe, Travel, and a variety of Etceteras every week by signing up to receive our emails! Click here to subscribe. We send out our newest posts, a collection of our latest favorites, and more! We love to stay connected with you.
Ruthie & Madeliene