Chicken and Coconut Milk Soup Recipe is better than you can get dining out and so simple to make right at home! I love to order this soup when I’m dining out at Thai restaurants, it’s such favorite. Any soup with coconut milk is a must-try on my list! I also absolutely adore kefir lime leaves, oh my, they simply make the whole recipe! Chicken and Coconut Milk Soup is going to be regular at your house!
Chicken and Coconut Milk Soup is January worthy!
It is so dang cold at my house. I don’t really like it much at all. It makes me want to bundle up and eat hot soup all day like this Chicken and Coconut Milk Soup! If you need me, I’ll be wrapped up in my blankie by the fire, drinking hot tea and eating my Chicken and Coconut Milk Soup. 🙂
If only I could sit by my fire allll day long. 😉 **wishful thinking**
I braved the cold today by using Walmart’s Online Grocery Pickup. hahaha!!! It is literally the best thing ever (If you know what I’m talking about… then you know that I didn’t even have to get out of the car and into the cold). 🙂 I’m obsessed with it!!!
We love soup during the cold months of the year. . . enjoy today’s Chicken and Coconut Milk Soup or one of these:
Wellll as promised.. fun new changes here at CWR starting now!!!
Expect to be seeing posts from us every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday! Monday will be a fabulous recipe of course! Wednesday we will spice it up with a travel post, Honesty Hour (where we get really real about life in a totally great way), or an occasional DIY, and more! 🙂 Friday will remain the same with Fit Friday– tips from Nichole and a healthy recipe from us! Thanks for following along. . . 2019 is already off to an awesome start!
Stay tuned as we have more exciting news rolling out over the next few months.
We simply cant wait!
Miss Nichole has some awesome New Years Tips!
We are thrilled that Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness is doing another year of Fit Friday with us!! Yay to 2019!!! We couldn’t imagine our Friday’s with out you, Nichole… 🙂
Its a new year, does that mean its a new you? I hope not.
A healthy happy you may look a little different than the you that ended last year, but it certainly shouldn’t be a whole new you. A whole new you disregards all of the parts of you that are amazing, I don’t care who you are I know there are parts of you that are amazing.
New Years Resolutions
The new year is a great time for reflection and goals. Am I a goal setter? Not at the new year. Too much pressure with goal setting and resolutions at the new year. Instead I am constantly making goals, daily goals, monthly goal, training goals, etc. Whenever I have something new on the horizon or I do a mental check in and realize I am not feeling my best I do some reflection and make some goals.
With all that being said; my goal for you all is to get to know yourself better. Instead of making a goal to cut out carbs pay attention to your body and how it feels after meals and get to know what your body thrives on. Maybe your body absolutely does better with some carbs or certain proteins.
Know Your Body Goals:
Instead of making it a goal to get up and workout every morning check in with yourself and decide if that is actually reasonable. Maybe you are one of those people that just does not function well in the morning, instead you need to make it a goal to take your gym stuff to work and head straight to the gym rather than home.
This type of understanding may require some tracking and will absolutely require you to focus. This isn’t an easy task, but it is a well worth it one.
If you can get to know your body better and learn to trust your body you will be able to make the best goals for you.
Chicken and Coconut Milk Soup is Thai fabulousness that you can cook easily in your own kitchen!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make this recipe leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie so we can share the joy of cooking with you!
One more thing before you go!. . . be inspired with CWR Recipe, Travel, and a variety of Etceteras every week by signing up to receive our emails! Click here to subscribe. We send out our newest posts, a collection of our latest favorites, and more! We love to stay connected with you.
Ruthie & Madeliene
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 shallots, chopped (about ¼ cup)
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 2 dried red thai chilis, seeded
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless skinless slice ½ in pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups coconut milk
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, whole
- ¼ cup cilantro and lime wedges, to garnish
- Heat oil in large stock pot over medium high heat.
- Add the shallots, ginger, and chilis.
- Cook until shallots have softened and are translucent about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in chicken broth, coconut milk, lime juice, fish sauce, and lime leaves.
- Simmer 5-8 minutes making sure not to overcook chicken, remove if needed.
- Season with salt to taste and remove lime leaves and chilis before serving.
- Garnish with lime wedge and cilantro leaves.
- Turkey, Sweet Potato, & Blue Cheese Salad Recipe
- Cherry & Pistachio Brownies Recipe
- Turkey Mushroom Pasta Bake Recipe
- Cinnamon Apple Butter Recipe
- Lemon Coconut Scones with Lemon Glaze Recipe
- Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes Recipe
- Asian Pear and Pomegranate Smoothie Recipe
- Strawberry Mango Kiwi Protein Smoothie Recipe
- Grilled Chicken with Spicy Mayo Sandwich Recipe
- Spicy Tequila Elk Steak Fajitas Recipe
- Herbed Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Pear, Blackberry, and Ricotta Spinach Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette