Slow Cooker Potato Soup Recipe is one of our families very favorite recipes and for years it’s a favorite with all of you too! We love the slow cooker because it’s a quick prep in the morning and then walking into dinner when we get home. I’m sure you agree there’s nothing better! Potato Soup in the slow cooker has all the best ingredients. . . potatoes, chicken broth, garlic, dry ranch dressing, dried parsley, real bacon bits, cheddar cheese, and sour cream!
Stay cozy with our Slow Cooker Potato Soup Recipe
I can hardly believe that the autumn and winter months are here but what better way to celebrate than with a slow cooker soup! I use to think that a good potato soup couldn’t be made in the slow cooker but I was proven totally wrong with this recipe. It turns out perfect every. single. time. AND we see that all of you love it too! We love to hear from you and love to see all your tags and photos on Pinterest and Instagram. . . Thank you!!
Slow Cooker Tips & Tricks
Let’s just have a little talk about our slow cookers here for a minute. . .
As most of you know I’m a graduate of the Culinary School and one of the classes that’s required is Sanitation and Safety. During this class we had an eye-opening chat about slow cookers and how they can be the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and pathogens.
- If not careful they can be the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and pathogens.
- Preheat your crock pot just like you preheat your oven so plug it in and turn it to the high setting to get it nice and hot from the start for cooking. After all there is only one little probe heating the whole slow cooker!
- Add everything into the crock pot as warmed up as it can be, to cut down on the getting-the-food-hot portion of cooking, this is where you need to be cautious and make sure it is all hot and up to cooking temperature in 2-3 hours.
- If food stays between 41 degrees and 135 degrees for 4 hours, then it has to be thrown out because the bacteria and pathogens have had much too much time to grow and a food borne illness is a likely result.
- If you add meat; be sure it is thawed and NEVER added frozen, if it’s beef or pork brown it first.
- Add liquids hot ie: like use HOT water or warm up any liquids in the microwave first then add them in already hot.
- Spray the ceramic insert with cooking spray to make clean up a snap! It’ll wipe out with no sticking!
We hope you enjoy our Slow Cooker Potato Soup Recipe and some of these too!
- Coca-Cola BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich
- White Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Honey Chipotle Chicken
- Mediterranean Chicken with Brown Rice
- Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
- Cafe Rio Sweet Pork (copycat)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 455Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 883mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 7gSugar: 7gProtein: 16g
I know you’ll just love this Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipe… it’s a crowd pleaser for sure.
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie , pin us on Pinterest , or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go. . .
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. . . we SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene