I can hardly believe that Autumn weather is here, the leaves are turning around our neck of the woods and it’s put me in the mood for some delicious savory soups…
AND what’s better than a delicious savory SLOW COOKER soup?! Not a whole lot, in my book. I love to throw it together in the morning and walk in that evening to dinner-ready-to-go 🙂
Slow Cooker Potato Soup is perfect for a fall day or pretty much any day for that matter!
Slow Cooker Potato Soup
- 10 red potatoes cubed
- 1 large onion diced and sautéd in butter
- 5 cups water
- 3 Tbsp chicken bouillon
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp ranch dressing mix
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 3oz package of real bacon bits
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup chives or green onions
- Place the first 9 ingredients in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- The potatoes should be tender.
- Stir in half and half, cheese, sour cream and chives or green onion.
- Heat through and serve.
* I got this recipe from my friend Carol… she’s awesome!
I know you’ll just love this Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipe… it’s a crowd pleaser for sure.
Have a wonderful Monday and Happy Cooking!