Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe is a really great recipe for those busy days! I love to quickly put this crockpot chicken cordon bleu together in the morning before I head out the door and return home later with dinner all right, ready to go! I made this recipe a little healthier by adapting the ingredients with lower calorie and less fat but don’t you worry it tastes every bit as amazing as the original version!
Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
This recipe is simple to make and tastes just like the traditional chicken cordon bleu the one that takes so much more work! I remember learning how to make it with my grandma one time and we had to pound the chicken breasts flat, layer the swiss cheese and ham, then roll them up and thread them closed with a toothpick. Then we breaded them and pan fried them on all sides until the nicely browned, finally adding the cream and seasonings to finish them off. Waaaaaaay more difficult and intense then our fabulous chicken cordon bleu slow cooker. I promise today’s recipe is every bit as tasty!
Let’s just have a little crock pot talk here for a minute…
As most of you know I’m prepping to begin Culinary School this fall and one of the classes I’m taking this summer is Sanitation. We had a little eye-opening chat about Slow Cookers and how they can be the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and pathogens.
• First rule of thumb is to preheat your crock pot just like you preheat your oven.
• Plug it in and turn it to the High setting to get it nice and hot for cooking.
• Next add everything into the crock pot as warmed up as it can be, to cut down on the getting-the-food-hot portion of cooking, this is where you need to be cautious and make sure it is all hot and up to cooking temperature in 2-3 hours.
• If food stays between 41 degrees and 135 degrees for 4 hours, then it has to be thrown out because the bacteria and pathogens have had much too much time to grow and a food borne illness is a likely result.
• If you add meat make sure it is thawed and NEVER frozen, if it’s beef or pork brown it first.
• Add liquids hot- like use HOT water. In this recipe warm up your milk and cream of chicken soup in the microwave first, then add it in already hot.
• Slow Cookers are wonderful things and if we take a couple of quick precautions to keep food safe while using them… they are even better 🙂
How to make Cordon Bleu Slow Cooker Recipe
Cordon Bleu Slow Cooker Ingredients:
- 1 10.75 oz can low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 C 1% milk
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz sliced ham
- 4 oz sliced swiss cheese, lower fat if deired
- 1 8oz pkg herbed dry bread stuffing mix
Cordon Bleu Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Preheat slow cooker on high.
- Spray the inside of slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine milk and cream of chicken soup.
- Pour enough soup mixture in the bottom of slow cooker to cover.
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of slow cooker.
- Layer ham slices, then cheese slices on top of chicken.
- Pour remaining soup mixture on top.
- Sprinkle dry stuffing and spreading evenly over top.
- Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
- Dish and serve!
If love our Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu then you’ll enjoy these other slow cooker recipes too!
Enjoy this Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu with your family tonight… it’s delicious and tastes as good as regular Cordon Bleu with way less work 🙂
Have a really great Thursday! It’s my kids last day of school so we are SUPER happy, happy around here!
- Buttermilk Greek Yogurt Pancakes Recipe
- Tres Leches Cake with Strawberries Recipe
- Green Chili Black Beans Recipe
- Philly Cheesesteak Pockets Recipe
- Chicken Pesto Alfredo Recipe
- BBQ Pineapple Meatball Skewers Recipe
- Cafe Rio Sweet Pork (copycat)
- Guava Cake
- Leftover Turkey Soup Recipe
- Disney Caramel Apple Pie Recipe
- Starbucks Spinach Feta Wrap (copycat) Recipe
- Southern Black Beans and Rice Recipe