Chicken Taco Soup Recipe is a quick and easy dinner that tastes more amazing than it is simple to make! Crockpot Chicken Taco Soup with Cream Cheese is going to become one of your family’s favorite meals! What’s the magical flavors in this chicken taco soup with ranch dressing? I think it’s three things. . . the cream cheese gives it a creamy yumminess, the rotel tomatoes add a bit of southwest flair, and then the dry ranch dressing packet ties it all together! We just love it and we are sure you and your family will love it too! 🙂
Chicken Taco Soup Recipe
It’s easy 🙂 I usually have these ingredients “on hand” so it’s a good one to fall back on when I don’t have time to run to the grocery store. It’s got a bit of a kick but nothing I can’t handle! I’m pretty weak sauce when it comes to super spicy foods. Slow Cooker recipes are the best especially on those super busy days! I love to come home to the house smelling amazing. . . then with just a couple of more ingredients to add at the end we can sit down to dinner in 10 minutes or less. I feel like someone cooked dinner for me!! AND that’s what I call magic 🙂
We are happy to share some more slow cooker recipes for you to enjoy:
Slow Cooker Tips & Tricks:
• They can be the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and pathogens.
• Preheat your crock pot just like you preheat your oven. Plug it in and turn it to the High setting to get it nice and hot for cooking.
• Add everything into the crock pot as warmed up as it can be, to cut down on the getting-the-food-hot portion of cooking, this is where you need to be cautious and make sure it is all hot and up to cooking temperature in 2-3 hours. If food stays between 41 degrees and 135 degrees for 4 hours, then it has to be thrown out because the bacteria and pathogens have had much too much time to grow and a foodborne illness is a likely result.
• If you add meat make sure it is thawed and NEVER frozen, if it’s beef or pork brown it first.
• Add liquids hot ie: like use HOT water or warm up any liquids in the microwave first then add them in already hot.
Chicken Taco Soup Recipe step-by-step tutorial:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 C chicken broth, or 3 c water and 3 chicken bouillon
- 1 C diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn with juice
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes with juice
- 1 package ranch dressing mix, 1/4 C
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 oz neufatchel cream cheese
- garnish with light sour cream and tortilla chips
- Turn slow cooker to high and preheat, coat ceramic insert with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients, except the last two, in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Add cream cheese 20 minutes before serving, remove chicken, shred with 2 forks, return to pot, stir well.
- Once cream cheese has melted and is incorporated.
- Garnish with sour cream if desired and serve with tortilla chips!
- Enjoy our Chicken Taco Soup!
Chicken Taco Soup Recipe is a long-time family favorite and we are thrilled to share with you! Enjoy.
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make this recipe leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie so we can share the joy of cooking with you!
One more thing before you go. . .
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. . . we SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene