Tiffany Blue and Vanilla Cupcakes
Tiffany Blue and Vanilla Cupcakes...
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 C sugar
- 1/4 C butter room temperature
- 1/4 C non fat plain greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C lowfat sour cream
- 1 C butter softened
- 4 C powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp milk
- teal aqua Wilton gel color
- opal sanding sugar
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt in a small mixing bowl, mix.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine butter, yogurt, sugar, eggs and cream 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well.
- Add vanilla and sour cream, mix.
- Add dry ingredients 1/2 C at a time, mixing in between.
- Fill paper liners 2/3rd's full.
- Bake 20-22 minutes until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove immediately and cool on rack.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter until smooth, add powdered sugar 1 C at a time mixing with each addition.
- Add just enough milk to smooth it out.
- Add desired color (I added mine with a tooth pick until it achieved the color I wanted, it took about 3 toothpick scoops 🙂 and frost.
- Finish off with opal sanding sugar.
* I used a wilton 1M open star and a large piping bag to frost cupcakes. Start on the outside swirling in and then swirl up to make frosting top. I found the opal sanding sugar at Orson Gygi’s and the teal aqua Wilton color gel and cupcake wrappers at Hobby Lobby.
Tiffany Blue and Vanilla Cupcakes were so much fun to make and tasted simply amazing! The perfect way celebrate my sweet 16 year olds special day 🙂
Happy Tuesday morning to you all! I hope you have a super awesome day and make sure to get out to vote!! ALSO don’t forget to enter the 2 giveaways that are going on right now… The Thanksgiving Dinner Gift Card and yesterdays PUR water filter system!