Our Tiffany Blue and Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe are a deliciously beautiful way to celebrate any occasion! Tiffany Blue icing is lovely to decorate our moist and delicious vanilla cupcakes. It’s a match made in heaven! We adore teal cupcakes so, naturally, we just had to share how to make teal icing with you. You’ll fall head-over-heels in love with our Tiffany cupcakes too!
We love our Tiffany Blue & the new blog!
Welcome to the freshened up Cooking with Ruthie!
Feel free to take a look around and check out all the bells and whistles! We are lovin’ it! The new look and feel is something we’ve been wanting to roll out for quite sometime! Madeliene and I have been working behind the scenes for several months to bring it all together.
We especially love the Start Here and Top 12 Kitchen Gadgets! We’re thrilled to finally be sharing it with all of you! AND we think there’s no better way to celebrate this fabulous day than by baking up some of our adorable Tiffany Blue and Vanilla Cupcakes! 🙂
Our love of Tiffany Blue
Our LOVE of Tiffany Blue runs deep. . . Breakfast at Tiffany’s was a favorite movie of mine (Ruthie) all through my growing up years! And It still is. Every now & again I pull it out and re-watch it just to fall in love with Audrey Hepburns spunky role as Holly Golightly all over again! Breakfast at Tiffany’s was produced during Hollywood’s Golden Age in 1961 and one of Audrey’s most memorable films.
Back in 2011, when Cooking with Ruthie began, this love of Tiffany Blue and the 1960’s vintage feel influenced the design of the blog. Along with my grandmother’s 1960’s cooking show, What’s Cooking with Louise!
We may need to do some updates from time to time; however these influences will always be here. We love creating and sharing on CWR with all of you! Thank you for being apart of our blog-family.
Sweet 16th with our Tiffany Blue and Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe
Back when we first posted our Tiffany Blue and Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe, we made them to celebrate my daughter, Kate’s, sweet 16 birthday party! Our Tiffany Blue Cupcakes were quiet the crowd pleaser with the gals and guys.
AND I must say. . . I was very happy about that because I didn’t want to end up with a ton of extra cupcakes hanging around the house!
I love cupcakes because they seem to be just the right amount of cake and frosting in the perfect single serve portion! A dainty cake seems to be the most lovely way to mark a special occasion. It’s also fabulous to enjoy with a cup of hot coffee.
I have to admit that I do a little bit of re-arranging to my cupcakes when I eat them– I gently cut the cake in half and turn the top upside down so the frosting is in the middle! Then the frosting doesn’t get all over my face or clothes and it takes the chance of having the icing fall off away! It’s quite perfect (for me, at least)!
How to make Teal Blue Icing
Click here for the full post on how to make Tiffany Blue Frosting!
• Purchase Teal Aqua Wilton Gel Color
• To reach desired Tiffany Blue color: I added color gel with a tooth pick until it achieved the color I wanted, it took approximately 3 toothpick scoops.
• Use a Wilton 1M open star and a large piping bag for our Tiffany Blue Frosting.
• Start on the outside swirling and moving to the center of each cupcake. Then make one more swirl in the center, on top of the bottom layer of frosting, to add the finish swirl to the top.
• Finish off with sprinkling opal sanding sugar to make it dazzling!
• I found the opal sanding sugar and the Teal Aqua Wilton Color at Orson Gygi’s.
• I found the black and white cupcake wrappers at Hobby Lobby.
Tiffany Blue Cupcakes Recipe
Tiffany Blue and Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe are a deliciously beautiful way to celebrate any occasion!
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 4 + 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- teal aqua Wilton gel color (approx 3 toothpick scoops)
- white pearl sprinkles, if desired
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Line mini muffin tin with paper cupcake liners; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt in a small mixing bowl, mix to combine; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine butter and sugar; cream 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time; mix 2 minutes on medium high and scrape bowl with each addition.
- Add vanilla and sour cream; mix to combine
- Add dry ingredients all at one time and mix just until combined. DO NOT over mix!
- Fill paper liners 2/3rd's way full. (I use small cookie scoop)
- Bake 16-20 minutes until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove immediately and cool on rack.
- Yields: 12
- Once cooled make Tiffany Blue Frosting:
- In a mixing bowl cream butter until smooth, add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time mixing with each addition.
- Save 1/2 cup powdered sugar to adjust thickness; use as needed.
- Add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time- adding just enough milk to smooth it out.
- Add Teal Aqua Wilton Gel Color to reach desired color (I added mine with a tooth pick until it achieved the color I wanted, it took approximately 3 toothpick scoops)
- Using a wilton 1M open star tip and a large piping bag to frost cupcakes.
- Start on the outside swirling and moving to the center of each cupcake, then make one more swirl in the center on top of bottom layer of frosting to add the finish swirl to the top.
- Garnish with white pearl sprinkles, if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 432Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 305mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 0gSugar: 35gProtein: 3g
More Tiffany Blue Desserts
• Tiffany Blue Mini Bundt Cake Recipe
• Tiffany Blue Mini Cupcakes Recipe
• Tiffany Blue Frosting Recipe
• Tiffany Blue Baked Vanilla Donuts Recipe
More Cupcake Recipes
• Lemon Cupcakes with Lavender Cream Cheese Frosting
• Chocolate Filled Cupcakes with Rose Water Frosting
• Gluten Free Red Velvet Cupcakes
• Double Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Tiffany Blue and Vanilla Cupcakes were the perfect way celebrate my sweet 16 year olds special day! 🙂
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Cooking with Ruthie on Instagram
Cooking with Ruthie on Pinterest
Cooking with Ruthie on Facebook
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
Looks sinfully delicious! Love the blue.
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life says
Those are gorgeous!!! I love the teal blue with the black and white liners!!!
Thanks Jocelyn 🙂 They were a fabulous little combination. I’m so glad you stopped by… thanks for the fun comment! xoxo~ Ruthie
I’m so excited about these cupcakes. I already planned to feature them because they were so pretty, but when I checked the recipe and discovered that they were gluten-free, I was thrilled! Great job on these beautiful cupcakes. I can’t wait to see what greek yogurt and sour cream does to the flavor. I’ll be featuring this fantastic idea later today at OneCreativeMommy.com. Please stop by and grab a featured button if you’d like. I hope you’ll be back to link up on Friday.
Thanks Heidi! They were a hit at my daughters party… pretty and delicious! Thanks so much for featuring me 🙂 I will stop by. xoxo~ Ruthie (PS- they do have flour in them so I think that means gluten?? bummer!)