Tiffany Blue Frosting Recipe is an easy buttercream recipe with exactly the perfect shade of “Tiffany Blue”! I think that every female out there loves the Tiffany Blue color… it’s in bows, boxes, shoes, bags, etc., and naturally our Tiffany Blue Frosting Recipe too! There’s just something so simple and beautiful about the blue that we all know as Tiffany’s. It’s timeless, classic, and lovely. AND plainly you can tell by all the years that it’s been apart of our site that we’re quite in love with Tiffany Blue. In fact, our frosting in the color of Tiffany Blue is a long time favorite among our readers, so we decided to share a recipe just for it! It’s the perfect way to add that special touch to any dessert!
Love of Tiffany Blue
Our LOVE of Tiffany Blue runs deep… Breakfast at Tiffany’s was a favorite movie of mine (Ruthie) all through my growing up years! And It still is. Every now & again I pull it out and re-watch it just to fall in love with Audrey Hepburns spunky role as Holly Golightly all over again! Breakfast at Tiffany’s was produced during Hollywood’s Golden Age in 1961 and one of Audrey’s most memorable films.
How to make Tiffany Blue Buttercream Frosting
• Purchase Teal Aqua Wilton Gel Color– Wilton Icing Color, Teal
• To reach desired Tiffany Blue color: I added color gel with a tooth pick until it achieved the color I wanted. It took approximately 3 toothpick scoops.
• Use a Wilton 1M Open Star Piping Tip
We simply adore our Tiffany Blue and Vanilla Cupcakes!
We hope you’ll enjoy these other Cupcake Recipes
Our Tiffany Blue Frosting Recipe will add the perfect pop of color!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go. . .
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. . . we SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 4 + 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Teal Aqua Wilton gel color (approx 3 toothpick scoops)
- In a mixing bowl cream butter until smooth, add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time mixing with each addition.
- Save 1/2 cup powdered sugar to adjust thickness; use as needed.
- Add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time- adding just enough milk to smooth it out.
- Add Teal Aqua Wilton Gel Color to reach desired color (I added mine with a tooth pick until it achieved the color I wanted, it took approximately 3 toothpick scoops)
- To make cupcakes: Using a wilton 1M open star and a large piping bag to frost cupcakes.
- Start on the outside swirling and moving to the center of each cupcake, then make one more swirl in the center on top of bottom layer of frosting to add the finish swirl to the top.
- Finish off with white pearl sprinkles.
- Enjoy your Tiffany Blue Frosting on your favorite desserts!