Brown Sugar Banana Squash is the the culmination of autumn baking in my world, the sweet but mild tasting banana squash is a perfect side dish for any autumn or winter table! We actually grew several of these banana squash in our garden this year, a couple of them are ginormous so this recipe will definitely be making an appearance on our Thanksgiving table!
Brown Sugar Banana Squash
Brown Sugar Banana Squash...
- 1 banana squash if it's really large use half
- 3 Tbsp butter cut into small pieces
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Cut squash into 10-12 individual sized pieces, wash under running water, pat dry.
- Using a sharp knife make parallel cuts 1/4" deep.
- Rotate squash and repeat; forming a checker board.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Press butter cubes into scoring then sprinkle brown sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice evenly over squash.
- Bake 1 hour- 1 hour and 15 minutes until soft when poked with a fork and lightly browned.
Brown Sugar Banana Squash… is a perfect way to dress up some baked squash!
I hope your Thanksgiving Holiday is wonderful and you enjoy this day with family and friends AND eat lots of yummy food too 🙂