Butternut Squash Soup with Cinnamon Crema is like autumn served up in a bowl! Heavenly, mouth-watering, and fabulous in every way!
Butternut Squash Soup with Cinnamon Crema is taking me back to my amazing days in Puebla, Mexico. I had some of the best soups ever while I lived in Mexico. Holy cow this soup looks AND tastes just like the ones I had and loved so much. I’ll give you all a little Mexican culture fun fact today… they literally call soups like this “Crema” (cream) this soup would be called, “Crema de Calabaza”. They call any other soup that is not “crema” (like this), “sopa” which directly translates to soup. Now you know!!!
Butternut Squash Soup with Cinnamon Crema is Mexico approved & that’s sayin’ something big!!!
Madeliene & Ruthie 🙂
- 6 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups frozen peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 3 cups water
- 4 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 8 ounce packages neufchatel cream cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in olive oil until tender.
- Add squash, water, bouillon, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to boil; cook 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Puree squash and cream cheese in a blender or food processor in batches until smooth.
- Return to saucepan, and heat through.
- Don't boil.