Our Irish Coffee with Baileys and Kahlua Recipe is one of our wonderful Irish recipes! It’s lovely to serve baileys coffee as a solo dessert beverage. Some folks think it has to be kalhua vs baileys–I say why not have both?! Unless you prefer the traditional Irish coffee baileys just by itself, then omit the kahlua.
Why we love Irish Coffee with Baileys and Kahlua Recipe
I have yet to find a variety of coffee that I don’t completely adore! There are many ways that dreamy dark cups of coffee are prepared around the world. I’ve tried my fair share of them in my travels… I embrace them all!! 🙂
I love our Irish Coffee with Baileys and Kahlua recipe–it’s fun combo you’ll love too! Perfect for any brunch or dessert–either way you will adore it!
Today’s Irish Coffee with Baileys and Kahlua Recipe is a traditional Irish hot beverage!
Ohhhh kay, I added the Kahlua because why not?! I’m thinking the more-coffee flavor there is the more-better it is! (at least in my book.)
While the most common everyday beverage in Ireland is tea and popular alcoholic beverages include whiskey, beer, and ale. Coffee mixed with whiskey and whipped cream is known throughout the world as “Irish coffee.”
In my recent European travels that included a few days in Dublin, Ireland I made sure to stop and enjoy an Irish Coffee! This is a photo of the Irish Coffee I enjoyed while waiting for my departing flight in the Dublin, Ireland airport. . .
History of Irish Coffee
Chef and Bartender Joe Sheridan worked at the Foynes Airport, Shannon Ireland.
He created the traditional Irish Coffee on a cold night as he was hoping to warm travelers,
Sheridan put some good Irish whiskey into their coffees and topped it with pouring cream.
How did Irish Coffee get to the US?
• In 1951, Stanton Delaplane, a reporter for The San Francisco Chronicle, enjoyed a cup of Sheridan’s Irish Coffee at Foynes Airport.
• The reporter flew home to the US and spent a long evening at The Buena Vista Cafe in San Francisco attempting to work out the proper balance of ingredients.
• Soon enough, Jack Koeppler, the owner of The Buena Vista, found himself to be the proprietor of the most prosperous saloon in the city practically overnight, thanks to Irish Coffee!
Ingredients Irish Coffee with Baileys and Kahlua Recipe!
- dark hot coffee
- baileys irish cream
- kahlua coffee liquor
- brown sugar
- fresh whipping cream for topping
Remember last weeks Irish Cream Bundt Cake? You may have spied this Irish Coffee with Baileys and Kahlua in one of the cake photo’s. I must say it was a lovely pairing all the way around!
We’re sure you’ll love our Irish Coffee With Kahlua & Cremé De Cacao Recipe too.
- 1 cup dark hot coffee
- 3 tablespoons baileys irish cream
- 2 tablespoons kahlua coffee liquor
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh whipping cream for topping
- Place pressed brown sugar in the base of serving glass.
- Add baileys irish cream and kahlua coffee liquor to glass, then top off with coffee.
- Top with whipped cream and serve hot.
- Stir and Sip!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 520Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 26mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 0gSugar: 51gProtein: 1g
More Irish Recipes
Irish Coffee with Baileys and Kahlua Recipe is a must-make for St. Patrick’s Day!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- Turkey Mushroom Pasta Bake Recipe
- Buttermilk Greek Yogurt Pancakes Recipe
- Creamy Mango Margarita Recipe
- Yucatán Shrimp Ceviche Recipe
- Irish Spicy Reuben Sandwich Recipe
- Green Tea Protein Smoothie Recipe
- Elk Chili Recipe
- French Pâte à Crêpes Recipe
- Spicy Mini Club Crackers Recipe
- Peach Upside-Down Cake Recipe
- Big Green Egg Salmon Recipe
- Crockpot White Chicken Chili Recipe