Our Irish Spicy Reuben Sandwich Recipe is completely AHhhmazing and the secret is all in the spicy Irish rueben sauce. Our Irish Sandwich is made with marbled rye bread, corned beef, dill pickles, crispy sauerkraut, dubliner butter, Irish cream style horseradish, and swiss cheese. The Irish Reuben Sandwich Recipe is a filling lunch or dinner and a well loved sandwich by so many around the world! Today’s Irish sandwich is exactly the reuban sandwich you’ve been looking for to bring a bit ‘o the Irish to your dinner table!
It’s Fit Friday with Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Coaching is today! So happy that she comes every week to share her awesome fitness knowledge with us! If you want check out more of our Fit Friday posts then CLICK HERE!
Options for making our Irish Spicy Reuben Sandwich Recipe
Irish Spicy Reuben Sandwich is made with the beef from Friday’s Irish Corned Beef and Cabbage is made with caramelized onions, sauerkraut, thinly sliced dill pickles, marbled rye bread, and oh baby. . . the sauce! That sauce is going to wow your tastes buds!
If your inner baker has been itching to bake some bread then you’ll want to make some a loaf of this light and chewy Homemade Rye Bread to put build your sandwiches on. Ohhhh and if you’d like to make your own Homemade Sauerkraut then give this recipe a try! Naturally, homemade does taste better than store bought. However store bought works in a pinch too so enjoy our Irish Spicy Reuben Sandwich will be fabulous either way! 🙂
The big question really is are Reubens Irish?
It’s a bit of a mystery actually, but the one thing that seems to be agreed upon is that is US born. Some claim it came from Oklahoma while others say it was a New York City invention! The one thing that is plainly clear is the Reuben sandwich actually brings together Irish corned beef, Jewish rye, German sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and Russian dressing. The other pretty obvious fact about the Reuben is it’s enjoyed all around the world and a longtime favorite of many. I’m a big fan of them myself!!
Enjoy our Irish Spicy Reuben Sandwich Recipe & some of these Irish recipes too:
- Irish Corned Beef with Cabbage
- Irish Soda Farls
- Irish Mushroom Melt
- Irish Bangers and Mash with Brown Gravy
- Irish Coffee with Baileys and Kahlua
- Irish Cream Bundt Cake
- Irish Spicy Reuben Sandwich
- Irish Creme de Menthe Cocktail
- Irish Ginger Snaps
- Irish Coffee
Yay! It’s Fit Friday with our Irish Spicy Reuben Sandwich Recipe
Irish Blessing with our Irish Spicy Reuben Sandwich Recipe
I’m a descendant of Irish heritage and grew up with bits of Irish luck mementos. As my Irish Grandpa Ed Connolly used to like to say, ” May the wind always be at your back” which is an excerpt from an Old Irish Blessing.
May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields.
- 4 slices marbled rye bread
- 1 pound thinly sliced corned beef
- 4 dill pickles, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup crispy sauerkraut, drained and pressed in paper towels
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Caramelized Onions:
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry red wine, I used cabernet sauvignon
- Spicy Sauce:
- 1/2 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Irish cream style horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, I used 1/8 for medium spicy
- To make Spicy Sauce:
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish, sugar, and cayenne pepper; mix to combine.
- To caramelize onions:
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat, add onions, cook for 3 minutes until onions are nicely browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add red wine and cook 2-3 minutes more; stirring constantly until wine evaporates and onions are soft.
- Remove onions and set aside while warming the beef, add beef to pan; turning and heating through.
- Remove beef from pan, reduce heat to medium low, and add one tablespoon butter to pan to melt.
- To assemble sandwiches:
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, place butter side down to two slices bread in pan, spread 2 tablespoons sauce on bread, layer 2 slices swiss cheese, half of the corned beef, 1/4 cup sauerkraut, 2 slices swiss cheese, layer of pickle slices, coat the top slices of bread with sauce and place on sandwiches.
- Turn sandwich over, cook until browned, and warmed through. (cover with lid for 1 minute if needed)
- Serve warm and Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1731Total Fat: 127gSaturated Fat: 50gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 64gCholesterol: 391mgSodium: 4526mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 5gSugar: 17gProtein: 77g
Irish Spicy Reuben Sandwich is SO good it’ll be the only rueben sandwich you’ll ever want again!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: [email protected] We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene