The Ultimate Reuben Sandwich will rock everyone of your tastebuds!
Fit Friday never gets old!! Fit tips + healthy recipes = greatness! Thanks to Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness for making it possible!!
The Ultimate Reuben Sandwich is as tasty as it looks!
What a great sandwich to try out when you need a break from the normal PB&J and turkey sandwiches! It is said that Reuben Kulakofsky was the inventor of the Reuben sandwich in Omaha, Nebraska somewhere around 1920 to 1935! Rumor has it that in Omaha, March 14th was proclaimed Reuben Sandwich Day!
More tasty sandwiches like the Reuben:
- Hummus Steak Sandwich
- BBQ Shredded Chicken Sandwich
- Irish Spicy Reuben Sandwich
- Pesto Avocado Sandwich
- French Dip Sandwich
- Salmon Salad Sandwich
I am one of those people that love variety at the gym. I get bored easily and have to keep myself, my clients, and my classes guessing. This week is one of those workouts that are not a norm for me, a workout that my body will enjoy, a workout that will throw my class in a loop.
The Ultimate Reuben Sandwich is an a fun lunch to make at home that tastes and looks like it came from a fancy sandwich shop!
Nichole, Ruthie, & Madeliene
The Ultimate Reuben Sandwich
- 2 slices marbled rye bread toasted
- 10 ounces pastrami thinly sliced
- 8 sliced swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut drained
- 1/3 cup thousand island dressing
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Coat with cooking spray a large skillet and heat pan over medium high heat.
- Press (drained) sauerkraut between paper towels to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Butter outer slices of bread, divide and spread thousand island dressing on the face side of each bread, place 4 slices swiss cheese on each bread, layer with half of pastrami, add sauerkraut to one side of meat.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in bottom of pan.
- Place face side down and cook 2 minutes, bring the two halves of sandwiches together, and cook 2 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Serve warm and enjoy!