The Ultimate Reuben Sandwich Recipe will rock everyone of your tastebuds! Who doesn’t love a good Reuben? Oh my. Corned beef stacked up sky high on grilled to perfection slices of rye bread with all the traditional toppings AND you’ll be in-love too!
The Ultimate Reuben Sandwich is as tasty as it looks!
What a great sandwich to try out when you need a break from the normal PB&J and turkey sandwiches! It is said that Reuben Kulakofsky was the inventor of the Reuben sandwich in Omaha, Nebraska somewhere around 1920 to 1935! Rumor has it that in Omaha, March 14th was proclaimed Reuben Sandwich Day!
The one thing that is plainly clear is the Reuben sandwich brings together Irish corned beef, Jewish rye, German sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and Russian dressing. The other pretty obvious fact about the Reuben is it’s enjoyed all around the world and a longtime favorite of many. I’m a big fan of them myself!!
We’re sure you’ll love these sandwich recipe too:
Fit Friday never gets old!! Fit tips + healthy recipes = greatness! Thanks to Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness for making it possible!!
I am one of those people that love variety at the gym. I get bored easily and have to keep myself, my clients, and my classes guessing. This week is one of those workouts that are not a norm for me, a workout that my body will enjoy, a workout that will throw my class in a loop.
The Ultimate Reuben Sandwich is an a fun lunch to make at home that tastes and looks like it came from a fancy sandwich shop!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make this recipe leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie so we can share the joy of cooking with you!
One more thing before you go!. . . be inspired with CWR Recipe, Travel, and a variety of Etceteras every week by signing up to receive our emails! Click here to subscribe. We send out our newest posts, a collection of our latest favorites, and more! We love to stay connected with you.
Ruthie & Madeliene
- 2 slices marbled rye bread, toasted
- 10 ounces pastrami, thinly sliced
- 8 sliced swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 1/3 cup thousand island dressing
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Coat with cooking spray a large skillet and heat pan over medium high heat.
- Press (drained) sauerkraut between paper towels to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Butter outer slices of bread, divide and spread thousand island dressing on the face side of each bread, place 4 slices swiss cheese on each bread, layer with half of pastrami, add sauerkraut to one side of meat.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in bottom of pan.
- Place face side down and cook 2 minutes, bring the two halves of sandwiches together, and cook 2 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Serve warm and enjoy!