Today’s Sweet & Spicy Candied Pecans Recipe are a must-have topping for your favorite dessert or salad! Our candied pecans are the perfect topping… sweet in perfect harmony with salty plus a little bit of heat.
Why we love Sweet & Spicy Candied Pecans Recipe
We’re completely addicted to our Sweet & Spicy Candied Pecans Recipe! Oh my. I think we ate half the batch in about 15 minutes!
If you like spicy-er foods then turn up the heat on the cayenne in this recipe. We used 1/4 teaspoon and it was just perfect for us!
Ingredients in Sweet & Spicy Candied Pecans Recipe
- granulated sugar
- ground cinnamon
- cayenne pepper
- sea salt
- raw pecans halves
- egg white
- vanilla extract
Fit Friday with Nichole
Hello all! I hope that week has treated you well. We have settled into a broken arm along with the rest of our normal busy life. My six year old broke her arm last week and we have had a few interesting days trying to teach her to calm down a bit.
She is my busiest child, always asking me to sign her up for different things. And so far if I can make it work into the schedule I say “OK” and sign her up. I want to give her the opportunity to try as many things as possible before she settles into “her” thing.
That also means we have had to say no soccer, dance, tumbling, cheer, and piano for the next two weeks at which point I may let her return to soccer and dance with a bit of minimal cheer.
You would think that I would be celebrating with all of this new found freedom….I am not.
Instead I am trying to get a six year old to stop doing one armed cartwheels, climbing ladders, etc.
I have been reminded of the importance of letting ourselves not be so busy all the time. Taking time to meditate and sit in the quiet is one of those things that should be top on all of our lists, but it often falls to the wayside.
Learning to embrace the calmness allows for personal growth and understanding. It sounds so simple, yet the constant of today seems to always take over.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, depending on how much heat you like
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 ounces about 2 cups unsalted, raw pecans halves
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add sugars, cinnamon, cayenne and sea salt.
- Whisk until combined; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg white, vanilla, and water together until frothy.
- Add the pecans and gently toss to coat.
- Add the sugar and cinnamon mixture and toss.
- Evenly spread the pecans on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove and cool on the baking sheet.
- Topping will harden as it cools.
- Rough chop candied pecans for serving.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Enjoy your Sweet & Spicy Candied Pecans Recipe!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 94Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 82mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g
More Pecan Recipes
- Cranberry Pecan Bars Recipe
- Pecan Pie Cookies Recipe
- Pecan Caramel Turtles
- Bourbon Spiced Pecans
- Cherry Pecan Chocolate Power Bites
- Maple, Pecan, Sweet Potato Casserole
Enjoy a batch of Sweet & Spicy Candied Pecans Recipe this week!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene