Maple, Pecan, Sweet Potato Casserole is a delightful side dish for your winter meals!
I love a good sweet potato casserole or, honestly- sweet potatoes dressed up in any fashion and I’ll be lovin’ every bite. My favorite fries are sweet potato with a good bbq dipping sauce and I also love sweet potatoes baked in the oven then topped with a bit of butter and maple syrup. Anyway they’re served I’ll take them 🙂
I know you’ll love this Maple, Pecan, Sweet Potato Casserole because it goes great as a side dish for your holiday feasting or it’ll be happy to go along with any meal, especially in the wintertime when we all love having comfort food.
I could eat this recipe all year long, actually 🙂
Maple, Pecan, Sweet Potato Casserole
- 4 cups sweet potato cubed
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple Pecan Topping:
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan with water to cover, cook over medium heat until tender; drain and mash.
- In a large bowl, mix together sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, salt, butter, milk, and vanilla extract .
- Mix until smooth and evenly spread into a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a small saucepan mix nuts, maple syrup, and flour until it is all coated and warmed throughly. p
- Put in a bowl to cool.
- Bake the sweet potato mixture about 15 minutes; then top with the nut mixture.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Make up a batch of this Maple, Pecan, Sweet Potato Casserole and join in on the ‘sweet potato love’!
Happy Christmas Eve!
Much Love and Peace~