Baked Potato Casserole is a long time favorite of ours… I’m not a huge casserole lover but once in a while this one is pretty darn tasty!! I’ve tried to make it a little healthier over the years and we like it just as much as the fuller calorie original version that my friend, Tiffany from Texas, gave me a long time ago!
Baked Potato Casserole has another funny name around our neck of the woods… it’s also know as “funeral potatoes”! Why, you might ask?? Well, when there’s funeral in the works, all the locals want to help the family with a meal and usually it has something close to this recipe on the menu!! Thus the nick name…
*I made this casserole the night before our Easter Ham dinner and then baked it on the rack underneath the ham for the last 20 minutes of the hams bake time and then moved the Baked Potato Casserole to the center rack to finish off cooking time.
** Boiled potatoes or frozen hash-browns even work in this recipe BUT! Baked Potatoes are the yummiest 🙂
This Baked Potato Casserole was gone in a flash!! In fact… it went so quickly that I had to make another batch today to snap a picture for this post!
- 8-12 potatoes, baked
- 1 can reduced fat cream of chicken soup
- 2 C light sour cream
- 1/2 C green onions, chopped
- 2 C grated cheddar cheese
- 1 C cornflakes
- Bake potatoes, cool. (I usually bake them the day before or use leftovers).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cube potatoes with skins on, place into a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine cream of chicken soup, sour cream, green onions, cheese.
- Mix well and stir into the potatoes.
- Once combined, scoop into 9x13 baking dish.
- Top with crushed cornflakes.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until bubbly and slightly browned.
- Perfect Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- The Best Homemade Peanut Butter Recipe
- Purple Basil, Olive, Ricotta Crostini Recipe
- Autumn Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe
- Green Chili Black Beans Recipe
- Irish Corned Beef with Cabbage Recipe
- Honey Molasses Baked Beans Recipe
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping Recipe