Grilled Potato Rounds
One day last week after school, Ben came over and these two 13 year old boys went out into the garden to dig red potatoes, picked a ripe cantaloupe, and then defrosted some steaks from the freezer. They were talking about grilling the steaks and then decided it was a good idea to grill the potatoes too. I helped them with a few suggestions and made sure they were careful with the the cutting 🙂
Jake and Ben are quite the little chef’s… their Grilled Potato Rounds turned out SO well that we had Jake make them again last Sunday to go with our family dinner.
- 6-7 medium sized red potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- olive oil cooking spray
- seasoning salt, we use Johnny's brand
- black pepper
- Heat grill to medium high.
- Place sliced potatoes, flat side down on a serving plate, spray with cooking oil, sprinkle with seasoning salt and pepper.
- Place potato rounds on grill and repeat until all the potatoes are on the grill.
- Cook 3-4 minutes per side until lightly browned and tender.
- Grill along side any meat or veggies and Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 88mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
Grilled Potato Rounds… are they perfect side dish to any grilling dinner. Jake and Ben did such an amazing job with this assignment- I totally think they deserve A’s 🙂
Have a wonderful Thursday!
Ruthie (Jake and Ben too!)