Our Easter Ham Recipe is the perfect spring pineapple ham recipe for your Easter celebrations this year! Today we’re combining fresh pineapple, cloves, and bone-in ham with a sweet basting sauce to meld the flavors together! It’s sure to be your favorite ham recipe! In America it’s traditional to include ham at Easter celebrations–we know you’ll impress all your guests this year with this Easter Ham Recipe!
Celebrate with our Easter Ham Recipe this spring
Spring is in the air! As I walk around my neighborhood I see the little spring flowers popping their tiny heads above ground. Springtime is one of my favorite times of year! I’m excited to watch all three of my grand-babes (yes, we are up to 3 now!) enjoy the adventures of Easter celebrations this year.
We’ll be making our Easter Ham Recipe and we hope you’ll enjoy it too! We also put together a collection our favorite Spring recipes to inspire your table 16 Easter Recipes; Sides & Desserts!
Simple Ingredients for our Easter Ham Recipe
- Dijon mustard
- smoked, bone in ham
- white grape juice
- parsley for garnish
Step by Step photos for our Easter Ham Recipe
- 2 ripe fresh pineapples
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 (10 pound) smoked, bone in ham- trimmed of excess skin and fat removed
- 40 whole cloves
- 1 cup white grape juice
- parsley sprigs for garnish
- In a large saucepan bring pineapple slices, water, sugar to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until pineapple is translucent and mixture reduced to 4 cups. (approx 60-80 minutes).
- Transfer to a large bowl to cool.
- Add mustard and stir.
- Glaze will keep refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees with rack in lowest position.
- Score ham with a sharp knife in a pattern of 1 1/4 inch diamonds.
- Pierce a pineapple slice with a clove and press into center of each diamond.
- Place ham cut side down in roasting pan; drizzle with white grape juice and half of pineapple glaze.
- Refrigerate the remainder of pineapple glaze.
- Cover ham with parchment paper and then foil, bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven.
- Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees.
- Uncover ham and coat with remaining glaze. (some pineapple will fall to the bottom) Bake, uncovered, basting every 15 minutes until browned, 40-45 minutes. (tent top with foil if getting too dark.)
- Transfer ham to cutting board; let rest for at least 30 minutes before carving.
- Serve with drippings and pineapple.
- Enjoy your Easter Ham Recipe and garnish with parsley if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 150mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 2g
Enjoy our Easter Ham Recipe & serve one of these desserts too
- Dark Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Berries
- Coconut Panna Cotta with Tropical Fruit Salsa
- Rocky Road Brownie Bites
- Coconut Banana Cream Petite Cakes
- Peach Tart with Sweet Peach Glaze
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lavender Cream Cheese Frosting
- Greek Lemon Yogurt Cake
Enjoy our Easter Ham Recipe & all the wonders of Springtime!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
*I adapted this recipe from Martha Stewart Living April 2009
- Chicken and Sausage Gumbo with Rice Recipe
- Pulled Pork Sliders with Pineapple Slaw Recipe
- Apple Butter Pork Loin with Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Irish Bangers & Mash with Brown Gravy Recipe
- Ham and Swiss Grilled Cheese with Zesty Mayo Recipe
- Mexican Cornbread Pie Recipe
- Madi’s Pioneer Woman Lasagna
- Cafe Rio Sweet Pork (copycat)