Having trouble figuring out what to do with all that leftover Ham from Easter?? Leftover Ham and Bean Soup is just what your looking for…
Leftover Ham and Bean Soup is a slow cooker recipe which is a plus in my book 🙂 It’s also not your “typical” ham and bean soup, it’s got a Italian spin on it which is just plain delicious!! In my Southern Black Beans and Rice post I went over all the healthy benefits of beans so check that out!
I also wanted to show you all these adorable little Easter Cupcakes I made at a class last Thursday…. Happy Easter!! Hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend 🙂
Leftover Ham and Bean Soup can even be made with frozen leftover Ham, like I did. If you don’t get around to using all that Easter Ham in a few days then just freeze it in a ziplock bag and it’s perfect to use in this recipe!!
- 1 20 oz 15 Bean Soup package
- 2 quarts water
- 2 cans, 14 1/2 oz Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 8 oz ham, diced (and leftover ham bone, if you've got one)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Place beans in a large bowl and cover with 2 quarts of water, let soak over night.
- Drain, rinse, pour into slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Shred meat and remove ham bone before serving.