Today’s Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe is one of my favorite soups and simple to make at home! Olive Garden Gnocchi Soup is always a must-have when I visit and since they offer as many re-fills on your bowl as you want–I end up getting way too full. That’s when I decided to try make an Olive Garden Gnocchi Soup copycat version at home. It tastes just the same and there’s a whole pot to enjoy! You’ll love our chicken gnocchi olive garden soup as much as we do!
Keep cozy with Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe
Spring is that crazy time of year when the weather can flip from a warm sunny days a to cold and wintery one without a moments notice! At least in my neck of the woods.
Soooo, there’s no better way than a little Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup (copycat) to help stay warm and cozy even on those chilly days!
Healthy Cooking Tips
The main rule of thumb for healthy cooking is to avoid cooking methods that require excessive fat. Remember to eat a lot of fresh fruits, vegetables, and drink plenty of water too.
I try to incorporate healthy cooking techniques and use healthy oils, in moderate amounts, in all of my cooking… I call it “health-i-fying” recipes!
• Baking: dry heat, below 400 degrees for meat and fish, roasts, and vegetables.
• Braising: browning the ingredients first and then covering with broth or water and slowly cooking.
• Poaching: gently simmer ingredients in water or broth, using minimal amounts of liquid.
• Steaming: quickly cooking foods above a small amount of water, allows food to retain most of the nutrients. AND when you smell it, it’s done!
• Broiling: uses intense, direct heat. Broiling can be done under the broiler in an oven, or over the coals of a BBQ grill. High temperatures browns and crisps the outside while sealing in the juices.
• Grilling: use leaner cuts and marinade meat to reduce to the HA formation which may cause colon cancer. Gas grills are better than charcoal for reducing HA.
• Sauteing: quickly cooks relatively small or thin pieces of food.
• Roasting: like baking, but at higher temperatures- using a rack under neath meat so excess fat can drip below.
• Stir-frying: quickly cooks small pieces of food while rapidly stirring in a small amount of oil that’s almost to the smoking point.
Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe
Today's Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe is one of my favorite soups and simple to make at home!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup flour
- 4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup fat-free half and half
- 2 cup cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 (16ounce) package potato gnocchi, cooked and drained
- 3 cup fresh baby spinach, stems removed
- 1 tablespoons fresh basil, chiffonade into thin ribbons
- fresh grated parmesan for serving
- In a large stock pot heat oil over medium heat add olive oil, heat to almost the smoke point.
- Add onion, carrots, celery, and garlic; season with salt and pepper and cook until tender firm; stirring. (approx 4-5 minutes)
- Sprinkle flour over vegetables, cook 2 minutes; stirring.
- Slowly stir in chicken broth 1 cup at a time, stirring constantly.
- Add the half and half, chicken, and simmer for 20 minutes; stirring 2 twice.
- In an additional sauce pan cook gnocchi according to package directions, drain.
- Add gnocchi to soup with spinach and stir to incorporate.
- Cook spinach until slightly wilted, add basil; stir.
- Serve garnished with shredded parmesan.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 155Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 559mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 12g
More Soup Recipes
• Panera Bread Broccoli Cheese Soup (copycat)
• Italian Sausage Gnocchi Soup
Are you familiar with how to Chiffonade? If not… then take a minute to watch this video from my Kitchen Tip Series
Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe will bring the whole family around the table for a healthy and delicious meal!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Cooking with Ruthie on Instagram
Cooking with Ruthie on Pinterest
Cooking with Ruthie on Facebook
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- Hot Chocolate Peppermint Brownies Recipe
- Starbucks Chocolate Smoothie Recipe
- Tiffany Blue Frosting Recipe
- Irish Coffee with Baileys and Kahlua Recipe
- Danish Butter Cookies Recipe
- Spicy Mini Club Crackers Recipe
- Blueberry, Banana, Strawberry Protein Smoothie Recipe
- Candy Cane White Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes Recipe
Norma | Allspice and Nutmeg says
Yum, Ruthie, this looks delicious! So warming and comforting on this day where we have 8 inches of fresh snow.
Oh my goodness… 8 inches of snow?!?! That’s so crazy! Stay warm and enjoy this soup. xoxo~ Ruthie
I am totally making this!
You’ll LOVE it!! xoxo~ Ruthie
I love Olive Garden and I love their chicken gnocchi soup. Looks great, Ruthie!Pinning!
Thanks so much… this soup is SO good 🙂 xoxo~ Ruthie
I’ve never tried their Chicken Gnocchi Soup because I always just get minestrone….but I love gnocchi and this looks amazing! Can’t wait to try it, Ruthie!
Laurie Johnson says
Oh my gosh! Made this tonight, and it tasted just like Olive Garden’s soup that we love! Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful recipe! Have already shared it twice and put it on my Pinterest page!
Hi Laurie… thanks so much for the fun comment 🙂 I’m so glad you loved this soup! It’s SO good and I appreciate your shares so much. Hope you’ll come back again soon to visit. xoxo~ Ruthie
Bonnie Bryan says
I’m going to make this for sure. Always order when go to Olive Garden. Yum! Looks so good!!
Hi Bonnie! You’ll really enjoy this recipe… it’s simple to make at home and tastes amazing!! Thank you for the fun comment and let me know what you think after you make it too. xoxo~ Ruthie
I made this recipe the problem was myself and wife one bowl each the grand kids devoured the rest and wanted to know when I was going to make more. Needless to say we loved it
That’s so awesome!! I’m so glad they all loved it so much 🙂 Thanks for the fun comment! xoxo~ Ruthie
In demand.. love it.
Yay! We are so happy you love it! It’s a favorite of ours too 🙂
Can this be made in the pressure cooker? If so, how longto slow cook it?
Ruthie & Madeliene says
Hello Ginger–I have not tried to make this in a pressure cooker. In a slow cooker (crock pot)–it would work however I would cook the gnocchi separately and add them once the soup is done. Cook time for a slow cooker would be 3 hours on high and 6 hours on low. We love this recipe and hope you love it too! xoxo~ Ruthie