Emily’s Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe I got when last November, I had a long weekend in Denver… my good friend Emily lives there. Had such a nice visit and even got to go to a Bronco’s game! (and they WON!! that’s always more exciting, right!!) While we were there Em made this amazing Chicken Tortilla Soup. ( I helped a little) I had to blog it for you all to see and I ‘ll throw in a few pic’s from our trip! Thanks to Em and Rob for showing me such a good time : )
|Emily’s Chicken Tortilla Soup|
*We didn’t have our fancy-shmancy camera on this trip…. the iPhone did a pretty good job!
|Add 1 tsp oil to stock pot, warm|
|Chop onion add to pot|
|jalapeno, green pepper add to onions , saute in oil|
|Add chicken broth|
|Add diced tomatoes|
|Add chicken, frozen is just fine|
|Cover and simmer for 20 minutes|
|Remove chicken, shred with 2 forks|
|Em and I shredding…|
|Return chicken to pot, cover and simmer 20-25 minutes|
|Em and Ruthie visiting while it finishes|
Emily’s Chicken Tortilla Soup was so, so good… I made another batch for our family when we got home! I’m sure you’ll enjoy it as much as we did! (both times!!)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 14oz cans chicken broth or 56oz water and 8 chicken bouillons
- 2 14oz cans diced tomatoes
- 2 8oz can tomato sauce
- 1 medium jalapeno
- 1 green pepper; washed, seeded, chopped
- 3 chicken breasts, frozen
- 2 C frozen corn or canned corn
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- In large stock pot combine and saute olive oil, onions, garlic until onion translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boil, let simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken and shred with 2 forks.
- Return to pot and simmer another 20-25 minutes.
- Serve topped with cheese and tortilla chips, if desired.
Here’s some pic’s from the game… it was against the Jets and Broncos WON!!
|Team coming onto the field|
|Em and Ruthie (Rob in the background)|