Today’s Starbucks Chocolate Smoothie Recipe is a dream and every bit as good as the original! Remember when these old school Starbucks Smoothies were around? They were simple with just right amount of ingredients. . . banana, mocha flavor, protein, your choice of milk, and ice. It’s been awhile since you’ve seen them on the menu and if you’re like me you’re missing them!
Starbucks Copycat Recipes
Ingredients in Starbucks Chocolate Smoothie Recipe
- Greek yogurt- two cups per day can provide protein, calcium, iodine, and potassium while helping you feel full for fewer calories. But maybe more importantly, yogurt provides healthy bacteria for the digestive tract which can affect the entire body.
- Bananas- are also rich in potassium, fiber and natural sugars. The vitamin C, potassium and other vitamins and minerals bananas contain help to maintain overall good health. Because the fruit’s sugar content is balanced with fiber, it helps maintain a healthy blood glucose level.
- Almond milk- is an excellent and natural source of vitamin E, which is a fat-soluble antioxidant that helps protect your body from free radical damage ( 6 ). Some varieties are fortified with calcium and vitamin D, which are important nutrients for bone health.
- Dutch Cocoa Powder- is rich in theobromine, which helps to reduce inflammation and can protect you from diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. Since cocoa is rich in phytonutrients but low in fat and sugar, the calories you get from cocoa powder will be packed with healthy chemicals. Dutch Cocoa Powder has had the acidity stripped and there for is darker in color but has less nutritional value than baking cocoa.
- Agave- has fructans and saponins which improve have an anti-inflammatory function in a body. It also gives a boost to the immune system. It contains inulin which is responsible to decrease your appetite, can improve nutrient absorption, and can provide the benefit of added dietary fiber.
- Invest in a heavy duty blender; I’ve used a Blend Tec for well over a century now and I love it! It’s powerful enough to blend frozen fruit and vegetables smooth, smooth, smooth!
- I prefer using frozen fruits and vegetables in my smoothies so they have a thicker consistency.
- Freeze extra fruits and vegetables as they are just beginning to turn over-ripe; I use gallon plastic zip top freezer bags to toss them in.
- Freeze fresh produce to use later- I find they last just fine for up to 4 weeks. ie: spinach or mixed salad greens, baby carrots, cucumbers, banana’s broken into four pieces, sliced/cored apples and pears, extra berries, peeled/segmented oranges and clementines, grapes, and the list goes on!
- Extra nutrient add in’s are always good try adding: vanilla and chocolate protein powders, dry oats, a small handful of nuts, peanut butter, flavored yogurt or kefir, and more.
• Super food add in’s: gogi berries, coconut oil, avocado, acai or cacoa powder, chia or hemp or flax seeds, etc!
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 6oz greek yogurt, vanilla flavor
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 1 cup chocolate almond milk
- 1 tablespoon dutch baking cocoa or regular cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon agave or honey
- 1 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients in blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Enjoy your Starbucks Chocolate Smoothie!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 328Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 167mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 4gSugar: 32gProtein: 34g
More Smoothie Recipes
- Starbucks Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
- Starbucks Orange Mango Smoothie Recipe
- Banana Nut Smoothie Recipe
- Pineapple Mango Banana Smoothie Recipe
- Carrot, Orange, Ginger Smoothie
- Green Tea Protein Smoothie
- Chocolate Raspberry Protein Smoothie
- Mint Raspberry Peach Smoothie
- White Peach, Cucumber, Mint Smoothie
- Strawberry, Citrus, Coconut Oat Smoothie
Our Starbucks Chocolate Smoothie Recipe is filled with all the good ole’ flavors of the classic variety!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie, & Madeliene