Strawberry, Citrus, Coconut Oat Smoothie is a healthy and refreshing breakfast or snack!
SOOooooo, the weather is beginning to get warmer around our neck of the woods and that puts me in the mood for refreshing beverages that are reminiscent of spring! The fresh berries are coming into season and the citrus season is on it’s way out so I thought it might a great time of year to bring the two together.
Strawberry, Citrus, Coconut Oat Smoothie is going to be your new favorite healthy snack or breakfast this spring!
Some of my other favorite spring and summer time smoothie recipes are Blueberry Coconut Smoothies, Pineapple, Mango, Banana Smoothie, Raspberry Coconut Oat Smoothie, and Blackberry Oat Smoothie Bowl. . . just to name a few!!
Strawberry, Citrus, Coconut Oat Smoothie is a nutritious and delicious beverage anytime of day!
Today I am taking a slightly different approach to Fit tips for this week. We all know, at least I am hoping we all do, that this weekend is Mother’s Day so today I want to focus on some tips to be a healthy mom. Now these tips aren’t just for mom’s, each and every one of you can take away something from this list, so pay attention!
I understand the crazy struggles of being a mom. I have many new clients come in to tell me that their children are out of the house, so now it is mom’s turn to take care of herself. This is not healthy mom’s, you need to be taking care of yourself from the get go, no when you are a middle age-over weight woman.
So let’s talk about a few tips to keep you healthy now:
1) Consider yourself important too. Yes, I know your kids are important, and the house, and your husband….but so are you! Putting everyone and everything before you on your list of importance only leads to a frazzled, over whelmed, and burned out mom.
2) Stop trying to multitask all the time. Again…it leads to a frazzled, over whelmed, and burned out mom. Nothing ends up getting done in a timely manner or correctly. This brings us to the next one…
3) Prioritize. Decide what truly has to be done today. And remember to make yourself a priority! Decide what your goals are, both short term and long term, and prioritize your day accordingly. If you have a goal to lose your pregnancy weight, run a 5k, or fit into that pair of jeans hiding in the back of you closet you need to prioritize some time to workout, plan and prepare healthy meals, and sleep.
4) Learn to say no. Look at what you can actually achieve and stick with it. You don’t need to be on the PTA, babysit your neighbors kids, run the community recycling program, and try to fit in work and your own family. It is ok to say no and only take on what truly works for you and yours.
5) Remember who you are…I am not just Nora’s mom (my baby of 4) I am Nichole. I have my own hobbies, interests, and life beyond my kids.
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie
- 4-5 fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup vanilla fat free greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons shredded, sweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup whole grain oats
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 2 tablespoons toasted coconut flakes
- Combine all ingredients in blender, blend until smooth.
- Pour into serving glasses and garnish with toasted coconut flakes to serve.