Strawberry Banana Oat Smoothie Bowl- packed with fresh fruit, oats, almonds, and granola is a healthy way to start your day!
I love smoothies but sometimes I like to have chewable food along with them! Smoothie Bowls are so simple to make~ basically you just make a really thick smoothie and then add all the toppings you love. I went for what I happened to already have hanging around house; blueberries, sliced almonds, and granola. It’s amazingly delicious! (if I do say so myself)
- 8 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 3/4 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/3 cup whole grain oats
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup granola, I used coconut chia granola from Natures Path
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Combine first six ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into bowl and top with blueberries, granola, blueberries.
I like to add whole oats to smoothies sometimes to thicken them up and to add a powerful punch in nutrition… did you know that oats, in any form, are fabulous for clearing out the “bad” cholesterol in our blood streams?! Awesome, huh. Oats makes this smoothie bowl extra filling plus all that heart healthy nutrition too!
Strawberry Banana Oat Smoothie Bowl is the perfect way to get lots of healthy nutrition in one bowl. Enjoy!
Much Love and Peace~