Our Tropical Chocolate Protein Smoothie Recipe is a nutritious and filling way to start off your day! We are lovers of a good chocolate protein smoothie! This chocolate mango smoothie is a great way jump start your day. Today’s chocolate protein smoothie recipes has fabulous nutrition like strawberries, kiwi, banana, and mango with chocolate protein powder and chocolate almond milk! It’s definitely in our top 10 favorite protein smoothie recipes!
Ingredients in Tropical Chocolate Protein Smoothie Recipe
- Mangoes- contain high level of vitamin C, fibre and pectin making it a perfect fruit that helps in controlling high cholesterol level. Another benefit of eating mangoes is that it cleanses your skin from deep inside your body. It treats pores and gives a glow to your skin.
- Kiwis- are high in Vitamin C and dietary fiber and provide a variety of health benefits. This tart fruit can support heart health, digestive health, and immunity. The kiwi is a healthy choice of fruit and is rich with vitamins and antioxidants.
- Bananas- are also rich in potassium, fiber and natural sugars. The vitamin C, potassium and other vitamins and minerals bananas contain help to maintain overall good health. Because the fruit’s sugar content is balanced with fiber, it helps maintain a healthy blood glucose level.
- Greek yogurt- two cups per day can provide protein, calcium, iodine, and potassium while helping you feel full for fewer calories. But maybe more importantly, yogurt provides healthy bacteria for the digestive tract which can affect the entire body.
- Almond milk- is an excellent and natural source of vitamin E, which is a fat-soluble antioxidant that helps protect your body from free radical damage. Some varieties are fortified with calcium and vitamin D, which are important nutrients for bone health.
- Invest in a heavy duty blender; I’ve used a Blend Tec for well over a century now and I love it! It’s powerful enough to blend frozen fruit and vegetables smooth, smooth, smooth!
- I prefer using frozen fruits and vegetables in my smoothies so they have a thicker consistency.
- Freeze extra fruits and vegetables as they are just beginning to turn over-ripe; I use gallon plastic zip top freezer bags to toss them in.
- Freeze fresh produce to use later- I find they last just fine for up to 4 weeks. ie: spinach or mixed salad greens, baby carrots, cucumbers, banana’s broken into four pieces, sliced/cored apples and pears, extra berries, peeled/segmented oranges and clementines, grapes, and the list goes on!
- Extra nutrient add in’s are always good try adding: vanilla and chocolate protein powders, dry oats, a small handful of nuts, peanut butter, flavored yogurt or kefir, and more.
Super food add in’s: gogi berries, coconut oil, avocado, acai or cacoa powder, chia or hemp or flax seeds, etc!
What’s the difference between a smoothie & a shake
Most people love smoothies and shakes, some don’t really know the differences between them because after all the both cold and refreshing, drinkable, and delicious!
- In my opinion it all comes down to ice cream. . . yes, it’s true!
- Smoothies do not have ice cream, candy bars, cookies or pies in them. Smoothies are filled with healthy for you ingredients like fruit and veggies and healthier forms of protein and dairy.
- Don’t get me wrong. . . I enjoy them both as probably most of you do too!
- I just enjoy smoothies on a more regular basis and shakes wellllll they’re a more special occasion or dessert kind of treat.
- 1 1/2 cups cubed frozen mango
- 1 ripe kiwi, peeled
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 6oz greek yogurt, vanilla flavor
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 1 cup chocolate almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients in blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Enjoy your Tropical Chocolate Protein Smoothie Recipe!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 387Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 169mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 6gSugar: 46gProtein: 35g
More Smoothie Recipes
- Starbucks Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
- Banana Nut Smoothie Recipe
- Starbucks Orange Mango Smoothie Recipe
- Pineapple Mango Banana Smoothie Recipe
- Asian Pear and Pomegranate Smoothie
- Mint Raspberry Peach Smoothie
- White Peach, Cucumber, Mint Smoothie
- Strawberry, Citrus, Coconut Oat Smoothie
- Carrot, Orange, Ginger Smoothie
- Green Tea Protein Smoothie
- Chocolate Raspberry Protein Smoothie
- Starbucks Orange Mango Smoothie Recipe
Tropical Chocolate Protein Smoothie Recipe is sure to be a favorite at your house too!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene