Our Strawberry Mango Kiwi Protein Smoothie Recipe is a delightful start to your day! We thought since today is Valentines Day, our smoothie recipe is the perfect way to celebrate the ‘Day of Love’ with your sweeties. Because we love, love, love smoothies! Protein smoothies are an essential part of our daily diet because they’re SO good and so good for our health. Todays protein smoothie has fresh strawberries, vanilla protein powder, strawberry greek yogurt, bananas, mango, and kiwi. But, don’t save your smoothies just for the morning, they are a perfect snack anytime of the day! A big Happy Valentines Day from all of us here at Cooking with Ruthie… We love you! 🙂
We love Fit Friday’s!! Because we love hanging out with Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness! She’s a been apart of our Friday’s for many years and we love her so much!! Thank you, Nichole, for coming every week and sharing your awesome health and fitness knowledge with us! If you want check out more of our Fit Friday posts, CLICK HERE!
Strawberry Mango Kiwi Protein Smoothie Recipe
Mmmm… I’ll forever remember the days when my mom would put a smoothie in my hand as I ran out the door for high school! Carter loves smoothies right now and it is too fun. My husband, is the smoothie maker around here and he is GOOD at it! He prefers to add a little more sugar than I do– he’s got quite the sweet tooth, that one. 🙂
My favorite ingredient to add into my smoothies are vanilla protein powder (I don’t like chocolate) and an Emergency Vitamin C packet. Chia seeds are also a fave to throw in. I love these three add ins because they really can go into any smoothie and the added benefits are fabulous!
Enjoy our Strawberry Mango Kiwi Protein Smoothie Recipe and some of these smoothies, too!
- Starbucks Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
- Starbucks Orange Mango Smoothie Recipe
- Banana Nut Smoothie Recipe
- Pineapple Mango Banana Smoothie Recipe
- Carrot, Orange, Ginger Smoothie
- Green Tea Protein Smoothie
- Chocolate Raspberry Protein Smoothie
- Starbucks Chocolate Smoothie Recipe
- Asian Pear and Pomegranate Smoothie
- Mint Raspberry Peach Smoothie
- White Peach, Cucumber, Mint Smoothie
- Strawberry, Citrus, Coconut Oat Smoothie
What’s the difference between a smoothie and a shake?
Most people love smoothies and shakes and some don’t really know the differences between the two! After all, they are both cold, refreshing, drinkable, and delicious! In my opinion, it all comes down to ice cream… yes, the ice cream. Smoothies do not have ice cream, candy bars, cookies or pies in them. Smoothies are filled with healthy for you ingredients like fruit, veggies, and healthier forms of protein and dairy.
Don’t get me wrong… I enjoy them both as probably most of you do too! I just tend to enjoy smoothies on a more regular basis and shakes… wellllll… they’re a more special occasion or dessert kind of treat for me.
- Invest in a heavy duty blender; I’ve used a Blend Tec for well over a century now and I love it! It’s powerful enough to blend frozen fruit and vegetables smooth, smooth, smooth!
- I prefer using frozen fruits and vegetables in my smoothies so that they have a thicker consistency.
- Freeze extra fruits and vegetables as they are just beginning to turn over-ripe. I use gallon plastic zip top freezer bags to freeze them in.
- Freeze fresh produce to use later. I find that they last just fine for up to 4 weeks. For example, spinach or mixed salad greens, baby carrots, cucumbers, banana’s broken into four pieces, sliced & cored apples and pears, extra berries, peeled & segmented oranges and clementines, grapes, and the list goes on!
- Extra nutrient add in’s are always a good thing to use: vanilla and chocolate protein powders, dry oats, a small handful of nuts, peanut butter, flavored yogurt or kefir, and more.
- Super food add in’s: gogi berries, coconut oil, avocado, acai or cacoa powder, chia or hemp or flax seeds, etc!
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 1 cup lite chocolate almond or soy milk
- 1 6oz greek yogurt, plain flavor
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1 banana, cut into chunks (I like to use frozen)
- 2 cups fresh spinach greens
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon milled flax seed
- 1 1/2 cups ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients in blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Enjoy your Chocolate Blueberry Spinach Protein Smoothie!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 921Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 29gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 281mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 25gSugar: 25gProtein: 61g
Handing it over to Miss Nichole for Fit Friday!
We all know that it isn’t always easy to make some of those necessary lifestyle changes when you are wanting to live a healthy balanced life. I am not talking about strict dieting or working out for hours a day, I am talking real life healthy changes. Changes like adding more vegetables to dinner, getting 7-8 hours of sleep, working out for 45-60 minutes more days than not. These are all things that will help us live longer fuller lives, but they are all changes that people have to make every day.
These changes are easier with support from family and/or friends. Having a healthy family dinner together is much easier than making two (or more) dinners. Having a spouse that will say “I’ve got the kids,” when you are wanting to head out for a run in the morning. And having a friend to meet you at the gym is a great motivator to get there.
If you are needing that support, speak up and reach out. If you see someone that needs it, again, speak up and reach out.
One partner works while the other rests. Break it up however works for you, my husband and I generally break it up in sets of 10.
Cheer each other. Push each other. And celebrate your successes together!
Enjoy our Strawberry Mango Kiwi Protein Smoothie Recipe with your loved ones today!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: ruthie[email protected] We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Nichole, Ruthie, & Madeliene