Today’s Primavera Pizza Recipe is a delightful spring inspired dinner! Our primavera pizza is made with fresh asparagus, red onion, edam and parmesan cheese, olive oil, and a whole wheat pizza dough.
As always, our Fit Friday with Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Coaching is today! So happy that she comes every week to share her awesome fitness knowledge with us! If you want check out more of our Fit Friday posts then CLICK HERE!
Why we love Primavera Pizza Recipe
I’m always in the mood for new pizza creations! I love the Trader Joes ready to cook whole wheat pizza dough! It’s simple because it can baked with a variety of toppings. Some days I just love not having to mess with making the dough.
My daughter Kate and I ate this whole pizza by ourselves… it was really great cold for leftovers too! I think we were both a little sad when the last piece was gone! (not sure whether it was her or me that ate it) hahah. 🙂
What does Primavera mean?
People are often surprised by how chilly winters can get in Italy, so it’s always a relief when the spring sunshine arrives. Primavera means spring – as well as being the name of Botticelli’s infamous Renaissance painting.
Our primavera pizza is a spring-weather recipe and surely a favorite this time of year in celebration of all things light and fresh.
Ingredients in Primavera Pizza Recipe
• Asparagus- is low in calories and a great source of nutrients, including fiber, folate and vitamins A, C and K. Additionally, eating asparagus has a number of potential health benefits, including weight loss, improved digestion, healthy pregnancy outcomes and lower blood pressure.
• Red Onion- is full of sulfur compounds that protect the body from ulcers and various cancers. They can also fight bacteria in the urinary tract. The most important of these compounds is called quercetin – an antioxidant compound that could provide protection against cancer, heart disease and allergies.
• Parmesan Cheese- is a good source of protein and fat. It’s rich in vitamins and minerals like calcium, vitamin A, vitamins B6 and B12, phosphorus, zinc, and copper.
• Edam Cheese- is a mild-flavoured lower-fat cheese, relatively speaking (around 27 per cent fat), but it is by no means the lowest. Enjoy with as part of a meal.
• Olive Oil- is widely recognized as one of the world’s healthiest oils. In fact, people tend to live longer and healthier lives in regions where olive oil is a staple part. It is rich in healthy monounsaturated fats, contains large amounts of antioxidants, strong anti-inflammatory properties, may help prevent strokes, protective against heart disease.
• Whole Wheat Pizza Crust- made with whole-wheat flour (including whole white wheat flour) is healthier than regular white crust, as it offers whole grains and fiber and is digested more slowly than refined grains.
Fit Friday with Nichole!
The snow is melting, warmer days are coming, and I am upping my mileage. As I am coming out of my winter hibernation my body is reminding me that I need to get some stretches added into my workouts. I know there are some of you that are true yogis, I am not. I think that yoga is great and I would totally do it….if I happen to have some extra hours in my day that I can’t fill with kid stuff, house stuff, or reading a good book.
- 1 (16 ounce) whole wheat pizza dough
- 4 ounces edam cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 6-7 stalks asparagus, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon mixed pizza seasoning spices
- 2 tabelspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven 475 degrees.
- Spread pizza dough onto 12 inch pizza pan.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil and evenly spread over dough.
- Evenly distribute pizza spice mix over dough.
- Place asparagus pieces in small bowl add 1 tablespoon olive oil and toss.
- Evenly sprinkle both kinds of cheese over dough, followed by cut red onion and asparagus pieces.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Slice and Serve!
- Enjoy your Primavera Pizza Recipe!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 219mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 4gSugar: 1gProtein: 9g
More Pizza Recipes
- BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza
- Alfredo Chicken French Bread Pizza
- Mini BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Sage, Sausage, Olive Pizza Pull-Apart Loaf
- Pizza Margherita
- Roasted Mushroom, Fresh Ricotta, Parmesan Pizza
- Jackfruit Vegan Pizza
- Grilled Steak and Onion Pizza
- Tomato Basil Naan Bread Pizza
Enjoy our Primavera Pizza Recipe with all the beautiful Asparagus that’s in season right now!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Nichole, Ruthie & Madeliene
- Cauliflower Cheese Soup w/ Grilled Cheese Croutons Recipe
- Gingerbread Biscotti Recipe
- Raspberry Coconut Banana Bread Recipe
- Papaya Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- Green Chili Black Beans Recipe
- Mediterranean Baked Eggs in Avocado Recipe
- Strawberry Mango Kiwi Protein Smoothie Recipe
- Mediterranean Spinach Salad Recipe