Mini BBQ Chicken Pizza is a quick and easy dinner that your kids will love!
Yum!! Mini BBQ Chicken Pizza is so fun to make! Get your kids in on the creation of these cute little pizzas!
My kids used to love to help me make french bread pizza and I know they would of loved to help me make these Mini BBQ Chicken Pizza as well! Also check out these different kinds of french bread pizzas for another fun kids dinner… Alfredo Chicken French Bread Pizza and BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza!! 🙂
Now, last but not least.. let’s tune in to Nichole’s Fit Friday post that she has for us!
Its Valentines week, a week all about the heart. So let’s talk about some fit tips for your heart. We all know how important a healthy heart is, we also all know the downside of an unhealthy heart. Your heart is not something to be dismissed or ignored.
1) Find a form of exercise that you like. Exercise can not be avoided for a strong healthy heart. And I don’t mean a 30 minute stroll a couple times of week. The American Heart Association recommends 150 minutes of moderate exercise a week. That is 2.5 hours for those of you that don’t want to take the extra brain power to stop and figure that out.
Mini BBQ Chicken Pizza makes your weekend dinner simple and healthy!
Happy Fit Friday!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie
Mini BBQ Chicken Pizza
- BBQ Chicken Slow Cooker:
- 4-5 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 1 12 ounce bottle of your favorite bbq sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Mini Pizza's:
- 8 whole grain sandwich thins separated in two (16 halves)
- olive oil
- 3-4 cups BBQ chicken prepared as directed
- 1-2 cups lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red onion small diced
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves rough chopped
- serve with additional bbq sauce and cilantro leaves if desired
- Coat ceramic insert of slow cooker with cooking spray, turn to high.
- Add chicken breasts, combine remaining ingredients in mixing bowl, pour over chicken.
- Cover with lid and cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high.
- Shred with 2 forks, place chicken back in the juices in slow cooker so it remains moist.
- Mini Pizzas:
- Preheat oven to high broil.
- Place 6 sandwich thins on cookie sheet, drizzle with small amount olive oil, toast for 1-2 minutes watching carefully so as not to burn.
- (repeat for additional pizza's or reserve and make two meals out of it)
- Place 1/2 cup prepared bbq chicken on each pizza, sprinkle with cheese, return to broil 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Top with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with addtional BBQ sauce and cilantro if desired