BBQ Chicken Spinach Salad is a healthy and quick meal that tastes just delightful!
HEY-hey it’s FIT FRIDAY!
I love to have Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness come to hang out with us!
This week Nichole’s sharing the benefits of Drinking Water and you’ll LOVE this BBQ Chicken Spinach Salad! A Healthy Recipe from me + Fitness Tips from Nichole= a healthy, happy, balanced life! 🙂
BBQ Chicken Spinach Salad is a packed with lots of fabulous flavors and plenty of great nutrition too! The BBQ chicken is a simple slow cooker recipe and the rest of it whips together in no time at all. If you have left over chicken just toss it in a ziplock freezer bag and into the freezer. It stays good for up to two months and reheats really well, it’s always nice to have a protein ready to go in a pinch.
January seems to be the month we all get back to our healthy eating so here are few of our other favorite salad recipes to inspire you. . . Heirloom Tomato, Steak, Blue Cheese Salad, Sun-dried Tomato and Olive Tuna Salad in Avocado, and Salmon Avocado Salad with Sweet Vinegar Dressing.
Happy New Year! I hope that have had a wonderful beginning of the year thus far. Last week we took a little time away to rejuvenate and get ready for the New Year. I headed down south with my family, no computer and no work. It was a very needed few days. But we are back and ready to get this new year started right, as I am sure many of you are.
BBQ Chicken Spinach Salad is simple to make for a week night dinner!
Happy first Fit Friday of 2018!!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie
- 4-5 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 12 ounce bottle of your favorite bbq sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- 2-3 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 3/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 2/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- additional bbq sauce and lite ranch dressing for serving
- Coat ceramic insert of slow cooker with cooking spray, turn to high.
- Add chicken breasts, combine remaining ingredients in mixing bowl, pour over chicken.
- Cover with lid and cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high.
- Shred with 2 forks, place chicken back in the juices in slow cooker so it remains moist.
- To serve salad:
- Divide spinach, red onion, and 1 cup of shredded BBQ chicken on serving plates.
- Top with tomatoes, cilantro, and pumpkin seeds.
- Serve with additional bbq sauce and lite ranch dressing
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 553Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 128mgSodium: 1249mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 9gSugar: 37gProtein: 57g