Spinach & Artichoke Alfredo Chicken
Spinach & Artichoke Alfredo Chicken is practically the BEST Alfredo Sauce I’ve ever eaten! Seriously. I must admit I’m not a big fan of Alfredo, usually, but this one has a big enough of a twist to it (it’s not just a plain white sauce) that I really love it! My friend, Jana, brought this sauce to our Bunco last month and I pretty much begged the recipe off her 🙂
- 1 4oz can sliced mushrooms or 1 C fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 c. onion
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 8oz whole grain fettuccini noodles
- 1 C spinach leaves, optional
- 1 14oz can artichoke hearts, optional
- 3 chicken breasts, browned and shredded
- In a large fry pan, saute onion in butter.
- When onion is almost tender, add garlic and mushrooms.
- Saute until all are tender.
- Reduce heat low to medium heat, stir in heavy cream, salt and cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted. (the more cheese you add the thicker it becomes). Prepare noodles to package directions.
- If desired serve with chicken, artichoke hearts, and spinach.
- To wilt spinach: tear spinach into small pieces and saute in 1 Tbsp butter until wilted.
- Add to sauce before serving.
- Serve over noodles, top with shredded chicken.
Spinach & Artichoke Alfredo Chicken has such a nice variety of flavors- that it’s livened up so much more than a Traditional Alfredo Sauce, I hope your families will love it as much as mine did!
SO, we all survived the Holidays and my kiddos are back to school today… WOW! That went super quick. We spent the last part of our Christmas Break at Disneyland- AND I have some fun Disney recipes/ideas to share with all of you next week 🙂