Our Power Spinach Salad Recipe will fuel your day with powerful benefits of awesome nutrition! Today’s spinach salad is sporting a powerhouse of blueberries, carrot rounds, clementine oranges, grape tomatoes, pistachios, sea salt, and a drizzle of olive oil. Keep reading below to learn all about the benefits for your body! I love salads. It’s my goal to eat two of them everyday so I can keep up with all that my busy life asks of me. Enjoy making a power spinach salad this weekend. 🙂
AND it’s Fit Friday!! We get excited each week when Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness drop by to share her awesome coaching and fitness tips with us! If you want check out more of our Fit Friday posts then CLICK HERE!
Power Spinach Salad Recipe
I usually grab a nice collection of fruits and vegetables like the ones in our Power Spinach Salad Recipe to keep in the fridge throughout the week. That way, I always have everything I need on hand to put my salads together very quickly and easily. Any produce I have leftover at the end of the week, I’ll toss into the freezer for protein smoothies another day! It’s a great way to keep the produce in my fridge fresh and get those 5 a day goals met, too!
Healthy benefits in our Power Spinach Salad Recipe
- Spinach- an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C and folate as well as being a good source of manganese, magnesium, iron and vitamin B2. Vitamin K is important for maintaining bone health and it is difficult to find vegetables richer in vitamin K than spinach.
- Blueberries- The fiber, potassium, folate, vitamin C, vitamin B6, and phytonutrient content in blueberries supports heart health. The absence of cholesterol from blueberries is also beneficial to the heart. Fiber content helps to reduce the total amount of cholesterol in the blood and decrease the risk of heart disease.
- Tomatoes- antioxidant lycopene, which has been linked to many health benefits, including reduced risk of heart disease and cancer. They are also a great source of vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K.
- Carrots- are a particularly good source of beta carotene, fiber, vitamin K1, potassium, and antioxidants. They also have a number of health benefits. They’re a weight-loss-friendly food and have been linked to lower cholesterol levels and improved eye health.
- Clementines- are a source of potassium, and getting enough dietary potassium decreases dental inflammation, reduces hypertension, and prevents tooth loss. Protect your liver with clementines: Clementines contain choline, a B vitamin that aids in healthy liver function.
- Pistachios- are a great source of healthy fats, fiber, protein, antioxidants, and various nutrients, including vitamin B6 and thiamine. Their health effects may include weight loss benefits, lower cholesterol and blood sugar, and improved gut, eye, and blood vessel health.
- Sea Salt- is mostly composed of sodium chloride, a compound that helps regulate fluid balance and blood pressure in the body. Since it’s minimally processed, it contains some minerals, including potassium, iron, and calcium.
- Olive Oil- is widely recognized as one of the world’s healthiest oils. In fact, people tend to live longer and healthier lives in regions where olive oil is a staple part. It is rich in healthy monounsaturated fats, contains large amounts of antioxidants, strong anti-inflammatory properties, may help prevent strokes, protective against heart disease.
We hope you’ll enjoy some these salad recipes, too!
- Tropical Avocado Kale Salad
- Peach, Gorgonzola Cheese, and Chicken Salad
- Apple Cucumber Tossed Salad
- Roasted Mushroom, Avocado, and Ricotta Salad
- Blueberry, Almond, Chicken Salad with Honey Lemon Vinaigrette
- Pear, Blackberry, and Ricotta Spinach Salad
- Asian Pear, Avocado, and Blue Cheese Salad
- Salmon Avocado Salad
- Red Wine Dijon Vinaigrette
- Lemon Honey Vinaigrette Recipe
- Apple Cinnamon Vinaigrette
- Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette
Power Spinach Salad Recipe
- 3 cups spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup carrot rounds
- 1 cup clementine oranges, segments
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- pinch of sea salt
- a drizzle of olive oil.
- Divide spinach leaves between serving bowls.
- Divide remaining ingredients between both servings.
- Add a sprinkle of sea salt and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Enjoy your Power Spinach Salad Recipe!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 304Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 347mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 13gSugar: 19gProtein: 13g
Happy Dance! It’s Fit Friday with Miss Nichole.
Last week we talked about having a word of the year. I hope that each of you picked a word and have already been finding ways to emanate that word. For example, my word was confidence. I have been focusing on that word as I have been meeting with new clients this last week. I am not saying that you need to go out of your way to use your word, your guidepost, but instead keep it in your mind and let it become a part of who you are.
This week I am bringing a workout to you. I want you to take this workout and let your word into the workout. Feel it! Other words that I have clients using include persistence, perseverance, work, and learn. All of these words can be felt and used to drive you through a workout.
Today is going to include a lot of legs. Make sure to engage your core throughout and focus on solid form. You will get your heart rate up and going with this workout. Start with 10+ minutes of cardio and finish with some solid stretching. If you have time throw in some core at the end with your stretch.
This Power Spinach Salad Recipe is sure to make your body happy and healthy!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Cooking with Ruthie on Instagram
Cooking with Ruthie on Pinterest
Cooking with Ruthie on Facebook
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Nichole, Ruthie, & Madeliene
Leave a Reply