I’m so happy to have Kami from No Diets Allowed here with us today!
Kami is just adorable and you’d never guess she’s about to give birth to her second baby! Needless to say she’s going to be busy for a few months but once she’s back in the swing of things she’ll be with us again.
I love to eat salads in the summer and I’d love to Kami’s Spinach Strawberry Salad right now, honestly. YUM 🙂
I won’t keep y’all waiting any longer…
When it comes lunchtime, I’m a salad-aholic. There’s just something about combining crisp, fresh vegetables and fruits sprinkled with a little dressing. Since I’m usually juggling my ready-for-a-nap 2 year old while quickly preparing lunch, I forego the photo shoot and just enjoy eating. Well, I couldn’t pass up sharing this spinach strawberry salad. It’s quick, easy and full of flavor. You can also adapt the salad to include your favorite ingredients.
If you haven’t tried balsamic vinegar, what are you waiting for?!?! I fall more and more in love with its versatile flavor. Its fabulous spicy when combined with chili powder and cayenne pepper like in my Chili Chicken Skewers or delectable with fresh lime juice like in my Balsamic Quinoa Salad. For this easy strawberry spinach salad dressing, I combined balsamic vinegar with organic agave to make it sweet. It’s a must buy ingredient! I’ve enjoyed this $5 Colavita Aged Balsamic Vinegar. It’s a great flavor for the price… trust me, balsamic vinegar can get pretty pricey.
- 2 large handfuls of fresh organic spinach, about 4 cups
- 1 cup red grapes, washed and sliced in half
- 5 to 6 strawberries, washed and sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons organic agave
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, grapes, strawberries, avocado, and pecans.
- In a separate small bowl, combine olive oil, agave, and balsamic vinegar.
- Pour vinaigrette over spinach salad and toss until evenly coated.
- For best results, serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 817Total Fat: 62gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 52gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 266mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 22gSugar: 33gProtein: 19g
You really can play around with this salad and make it your own. I love to add diced Fuji apples or fresh blueberries when I don’t have fresh strawberries on hand. You can also add crumbled blue cheese or feta (I’m staying away because of my current pregnant status) or even black beans. My husband also digs a couple grilled chicken tenders on top. Make it your own, my friends! You’ll never get tired of it’s incredible flavor and textures.
Here’s some more of the yummy cookin’ coming out of Miss Kami’s kitchen…
Thank you to Kami for sharing her delightful Strawberry Spinach Salad and for joining us today.
AND just want to wish Kami the best of everything with the arrival of her baby… such an exciting time!
xoxo~ Kami and Ruthie
- Apple Pie Ice Cream Recipe
- Coconut Mango Sweet Rice Recipe
- Easy Lemon Sorbet Recipe
- Peach Upside-Down Cake Recipe
- Caprese Garlic Bread
- Easter Egg Hunt Ideas
- Mexican Potato Soup
- Thick and Chunky Chili with Sirloin Recipe
- Spinach Tomato Orzo Pasta
- Cotton Candy Popcorn Recipe
- Rhubarb Crumble Bars
- Cinnamon Krispie Treats