Sherry Shallot Vinaigrette Recipe is a wonderful way to bring out all the flavors of your favorite salad! We think you’ll agree that this lovely homemade vinaigrette recipe is one of the best out there! We combine sherry vinegar, shallots, onion, red wine, olive oil, and a few more ingredients to make the most decadent salad dressing ever!
It’s Fit Friday!! We just love having Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness come hang out with us on Friday’s to share her awesome fitness tips with us! If you want check out more of our Fit Friday posts then CLICK HERE!
Sherry Shallot Vinaigrette Recipe
This Sherry Shallot Vinaigrette goes with many many salads! I can not count the number of times that my husband has said, “I just feel like a really good salad for dinner. Doesn’t that just sound so good?” Most of the time, I do agree with him. 😉 We love salads at our house! An excellent salad full of veggies and a good protein is where it’s at! It makes me feel so refreshed during the day. My body does not feel right if I don’t have enough protein in it. I literally can immediately tell if my body is lacking protein (especially when pregnant) and I have to eat something with protein right away to feel better. That’s why adding a healthy protein to our salads is always a must! Check below for a list of healthy and filling salads that go great with our Sherry Shallot Vinaigrette!
Need an excuse to eat your veggies? Sherry Shallot Vinaigrette or one of these recipes will do the trick:
- Red Wine Dijon Vinaigrette
- Lemon Honey Vinaigrette Recipe
- Apple Cinnamon Vinaigrette
- Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette
- Tomato Jalepeno Vinaigrette
- Cilantro Ranch Dressing
Fit Friday Fun!
Some of my favorite summer activities include swimming, biking, hiking, trail running, and chasing after kids. Do you know what all of these activities require, what they all have in common? Core. All of these activities require a strong activated core. So this week we have a core workout for our fun Fit Friday post.
Today’s Sherry Shallot Vinaigrette Recipe will go fabulously with any of these salads:
- Tropical Avocado Kale Salad
- Peach, Gorgonzola Cheese, and Chicken Salad
- Apple Cucumber Tossed Salad
- Roasted Mushroom, Avocado, and Ricotta Salad
- Blueberry, Almond, Chicken Salad with Honey Lemon Vinaigrette
- Pear, Blackberry, and Ricotta Spinach Salad
- Asian Pear, Avocado, and Blue Cheese Salad
- Salmon Avocado Salad
We love our Sherry Shallot Vinaigrette Recipe and we can’t wait to hear how much you love it too!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go. . .
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. . . we SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Nichole & Ruthie & Madeliene
- 5 shallots, finely minced
- 6 shallots, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup white onion, finely chopped
- ¼ celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots, finely chopped
- ¼ cup red wine
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup sherry wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 sachet: 1 bay leaf, 3 parsley stems, 5 peppercorns, 1 sprig of thyme
- In a small saucepan over medium heat add a ¼ cup olive oil.
- Once hot add 5 finely minced shallots and saute for 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Scrape from pan; set aside to cool.
- Add the remaining roughly chopped 6 shallots to the same pan.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil; cook for 4 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add red wine and allow to simmer for 5 minutes, or until almost dry.
- Stir in chicken broth and sachet.
- Bring to a simmer and allow to simmer for 4 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Immediately strain through a fine strainer into a medium sized mixing bowl and discard solids.
- Allow to cool, when cool whisk in remaining oil and sherry vinegar.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in reserved minced shallot and parsley just before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 151mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g