Happy Fit Friday!
I love to have Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness comes to hang out with us on Fridays!
This week Nichole is sharing a Quick Easy Workout Routine. A Healthy Recipe from me + Fitness Tips from Nichole= a healthy, happy, balanced life!
Nichole’s Tips on getting Proteins…
ounce of milk = 1 gram of protein. This is diary milk but many milk substitutes also have protein. Drink up!
Ruthie’s Healthy Recipe…
Caprese French Country Omelet is a lovely breakfast or brunch of fresh basil leaves, petite heirloom tomatoes, chunks of fresh mozzarella on a bed of onions and eggs.
I love french country omelets~ they’re fancier than just plain ole’ scrambled eggs and they feed a 3-4 people quickly and easily! That’s always a plus when everyone is hungry and making lots of individual omelets becomes redundant 🙂
AND I adore fresh basil, heirloom tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella right to death! Oh my. I swear I could live on those 3 things with whole grain baguettes for the rest of my life 🙂 Hahaha. (alright I might need some olive oil too). You’ll love these flavors in an omelet too… it’s seriously Ahhhhh-mazing!
Caprese French Country Omelets are healthy, full of good fats, and nutrition to get your day started off well! I love to cook with good quality olive oil… when you are heating it in the skillet make sure to add in the onions just before it hits the smoke point so the quality of the olive oil isn’t compromised. There are a few brands for olive oil out there that have a higher smoke point but most are between 325-375 degrees F so just keep a good eye on it and start adding in the onions when it shimmers and begins to let off a bit of smoke.
You’ll be surprised how simple this Caprese French Country Omelet is to make, it’s even great for week days!
We hope you have an extra fabulous weekend!!
Happy Fit Friday!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8-10 petite heirloom tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella chunks
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 whole grain baguette for serving
- In a small bowl combine eggs and milk; whisk until combined.
- In a large cast iron skillet coated with cooking spray- heat oil almost to the smoke point, swirling in pan to coat.
- Add onions and stir constantly for 2 minutes until caramelized (browned) and fragrant.
- Add egg mixture and reduce heat to medium low, add salt and pepper to taste; cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Evenly distribute tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella on top of eggs.
- Cover and cook 2-3 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with whole grain baguette.