Tomato Jalapeno Vinaigrette is a going make you want to eat more salads!
Our Culinary Journey Around the World is heading over to Mexico for a little visit because Cinco de Mayo is on Friday!! Even though it’s not actually celebrated in Mexico it’s a great time of year to share the beauty of the country and recipes too! Last week we had some fabulous Black Bean and Sweet Corn Tostadas, Strawberry Margaritas, and Tres Leches Cake with Strawberries too!
Tomato Jalapeno Vinaigrette is my new favorite dressing. Oh, and those corn tortillas (from Trader Joes) in the photo’s were absolutely divine just dipped right in it! OH my goodness!!!! SOooooo, so, so good. 🙂
Tomato Jalapeno Vinaigrette is going to pair wonderfully with our Fit Friday recipe! I think you’ll agree that it’s a fabulously healthy way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! 🙂
I thought it’d be fun to share some more photo’s from my trip to Central Mexico. . .
It was so beautiful to see all the different cathedrals. There were at least one in every little village or puebla as they’re called. The photo’s above are from the city of Puebla, Mexico.
It was quite a contrast between the areas we visited from bigger cities to very little villages. The photo’s below are from a farm we visited- the people were so gracious and kind to us. It was really touching to be welcomed into their humble homes and given the opportunity to commune with them.
Tomato Jalapeno Vinaigrette is a delightful way to finish off any salad!
I hope you have a beautiful Wednesday!
Much Love and Peace~
Tomato Jalepeno Vinaigrette
Our Culinary Journey Around the World is heading over to Mexico for a little visit because Cinco de Mayo is on Friday!!
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided or 1/2 cup agave
- 2 teaspoons red onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, de-seeded and minced
- 1 1/2 cup tomato, medium diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small sauce pan over medium high heat, add tomato, 1/4 cup sugar or 2 tablespoons agave, and water; bring to boil, reduce to simmer until thickened and sauce-like consistency. (approx 8-10 minutes)
- Strain tomatoes through a fine meshed strainer to remove seeds and skins, gently press to release all juices; set aside.
- In a blender add tomato puree, mustard, 1/2 cup sugar or remaining agave, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro and vinegar until blended and aireated; approx 2 minutes.
- Slowly drizzle in oil while blending, to form an emulsion.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with salad.
- (Leftover will keep well fridge for 3-4 weeks)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 110mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 0g
Milena | Craft Beering says
I am such a fan of the TJ corn tortillas too:) They are all I ever buy. This vinaigrette though! Love it. I would even drizzle it on grilled corn.
Hi Milena… it’d be amazing on most anything 🙂 I hope you have a wonderful weekend!! xoxo~ Ruthie
Carole from Carole's Chatter says
Hi Ruthie, this would be a great addition to the tomato theme over at Food on Friday (which is on right now). Each month there are 3 different themes plus a Potluck – so you should always be able to share something. If you would like to join in the fun on a regular basis please schedule a reminder for the second Friday of each month (NZ time). Cheers from Carole’s Chatter
Yancey Williams says
This looks fantastic, but we don’t have really good summer tomatoes in yet. May I use canned? Too soupy?
If you drained the canned tomatoes really well, it would probably work just fine. Fresh is better of course so make it again when you’re tomatoes are in season!! xoxo~ Ruthie