This is sponsored by Prego® but opinions are my own.
Creamy Tomato Basil Pasta is a quick and easy dinner recipe that starts off with a jar of Prego® Traditional Red Sauce! I like Prego®Traditional Red Sauce because it has fabulous flavor all on it’s own, but this recipe takes it up a notch by adding in a few “secret” ingredients.
I completely adore Italian Food- it speaks to me like I should’ve been born an Italian! Pasta with sauce and a crusty loaf of bread is my kind of language.
Some weeknights, I end up in a pinch for dinner and I have to admit that grabbing a jar of tomato sauce comes in handy on those days. Our family loves pasta with sauce, so this recipe is always a sure way to keep everybody happy. I’m happy too, because it’s SO simple to make- it’s on the table in no time. Plus it only dirties two pots; which is an added bonus for sure.
So, start by grabbing a pound of Italian Turkey or Chicken Sausage, (I like that they’re lower in fat and calories than sausage made from pork), some fresh basil leaves, onion, and garlic plus a little bit of heavy whipping cream and we’re set to go!
Did you know that there are over 2000 shapes and sizes of pasta? I know. That’s pretty awesome- if you ask me. I used a shape called Tarchiette- it’s twirly and hollow and kinda fun so check out the pasta isle at your grocery store and give a new shape a try.
Creamy Tomato Basil Pasta
Creamy Tomato Basil Pasta is a quick and easy dinner recipe that starts off with a jar of Prego® Traditional Red Sauce!
- 1 16 ounce jar Prego® Traditional Red Sauce
- 1 pound sweet italian chicken or turkey sausage
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 16 ounce bag of pasta (I used tarchiette shape)
- 3 tablespoons fresh shaved parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat, once hot add olive oil and heat to almost smoke point.
- Add onion and saute, stirring for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute, stirring for 1-2 minutes more until brown and caramelized.
- Add chicken or turkey sausage and cook 5-6 minutes until browned and fully cooked.
- Add Prego® sauce and basil; simmer 5 minutes.
- When pasta is ready; add cream to sauce and remove from heat.
- Serve sauce over pasta with a sprinkle of fresh shaved parmesan cheese.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 700Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 1146mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 6gSugar: 9gProtein: 27g
Creamy Tomato Basil Pasta with Prego® Traditional Sauce will be a family favorite at your house too!
Much Love and Peace~
- Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe
- Pasta & Red Sauce, Basil Chicken, & Caramelized Parsnips Recipe
- Pappardelle with Asparagus, Mushroom, and Ricotta Recipe
- Grilled Chicken with Spicy Mayo Sandwich Recipe
- Chinese Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
- Strawberry Balsamic Reduction Recipe
- Culinary Arts Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- Pan-Fried Shrimp Egg Rolls
Leave a Reply