Our Rustic Tomato Basil Tart Recipe is fabulous with garden fresh tomatoes and makes a delightful appetizer or lunch. Our tomato tart recipe is packed with fresh tomatoes, basil, and topped off with parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Why we love Rustic Tomato Basil Tart Recipe
Today’s Rustic Tomato Basil Tart Recipe brings summer to the table. I love when fresh tomatoes and basil are so readily available everywhere, especially if you grow a garden.
I adore tomatoes and basil paired together… so flavorful and delicious; the perfect compliment to each other!
Simple to make Rustic Tomato Basil Tart Recipe
I love this recipe because it’s simple to make, it uses a pre-made pie crust which you can make up a batch of pie crust easy enough to but it’s one more step if you are in a crunch for time.
This recipe is amazing with our Homemade Pesto or feel free to grab a fresh container in the produce section of the grocery store if that works better for your day.
Ingredients in Rustic Tomato Basil Tart Recipe
- mini heirloom tomatoes
- basil pesto
- olive oil
- sea salt & pepper
- basil leaves
- fresh grated manchego anjeo cheese, or parmesan
- premade uncooked pie crust
- egg white
Fit Friday with Nichole
The sun is shining and trails are still calling my name, actually the call is even getting stronger with the start of school getting closer.
With all of my kids being in school full time this year I have already decided that the trails will be getting some extra visits before winter comes. No racing home for kindergarten pickup at 10:45 for me this year!
Trails, running, walking my dogs, bringing in the groceries, living life all take core work. Your core is your power house!
A strong core also enhances balance and stability. Thus, it can help prevent falls and injuries during sports or other activities. In fact, a strong, flexible core underpins almost everything you do – The Real World Benefits of Strengthening Your Core. Harvard Medical School.
Today we are putting some core into the mix. I love throwing in these core workouts for you to add on to other days. I get bored with core so quickly that I have to keep it varied, having quite a few of these in my wheel house makes it more fun.
There are three different sets in this workout. Repeat each set 2-4 times depending on how you are feeling, time, etc.
- 1 16 ounce package mini heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoon basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4-5 large basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 2 ounces fresh grated manchego anjeo cheese, or parmesan
- 1 premade uncooked pie crust
- 1 egg white + 1 tablespoon water, beaten
- Preheat oven 425 degrees F.
- Unroll pie crust onto baking sheet.
- Evenly spread basil pesto onto crust leaving 1 inch around the outer edge plain.
- Evenly layer tomatoes cut side up on pesto.
- Drizzle tomatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fold 1 inch edge of crust over edge of tomatoes and crimp approximately every inch.
- Brush crust edge with egg white.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with half of cheese and bake additional 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from oven once crust in golden brown.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and torn basil pieces.
- Slice and Enjoy!
More Fresh Tomato Recipes
- Cucumber Tomato Basil Salad
- Heirloom Tomato, Steak, Blue Cheese Salad
- Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
- Hummus, Tomato, Feta with Egg Toast
- Heirloom Tomato Caprese Salad
- Culinary Arts Tomato Sauce
Make a Rustic Tomato Basil Tart Recipe for your family this week!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- Blackberry Pear Mimosa Recipe
- Cherry & Pistachio Brownies Recipe
- Maple & Pecan Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Baked Eggs in Avocado Recipe
- Green Tea Protein Smoothie Recipe
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Caramel Cinnamon Syrup
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lavender Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- Strawberry Banana Mango Coconut Smoothie Recipe
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cups Recipe
- Creme de Mint Pie Recipe
- Non-Boozy Mint Mojito Recipe
- Festive Ginger Snaps Cookies Recipe