Did y’all see the IKEA Sweidsh Crayfish Party this Friday, August 15th? It’s happening at the Draper, UT location- come and enjoy this all-you-can-eat Swedish Traditional Feast at 1:30, 4:00, or 6:30 pm MST !
I’ll be there with some of my family and friends at 6:30pm so come on over and hang out with us 🙂
Now, on to todays delicious recipe…
I love my garden and creating delicious ways to use the veggies that it produces is just so much fun.
Heirloom Tomato Caprese Salad is one of my favorite ways to eat fresh tomatoes.
Well, actually… Caprese anything and I’m all over it! I’m seriously totally in love with that fresh mozzarella and basil- you’ll never get me away from the table 🙂
The only tomatoes that are ripe in my garden so far are the Sunburst variety BUT, I am growing several different varieties of heriloom tomatoes and I just can’t wait for them to ripen up! The tomatoes pictured are from Trader Joes (all except the orange ones- those sre my little guys).
- 12 oz pkg mixed baby heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 1 8oz fresh bocconcini mozzarella (mini balls)
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, miced
- sea salt to taste
- serve with balsamic vinegar if desired
- Combine all ingredients bowl and toss to coat.
- Serve with balsamic vinegar and a delicious loaf of artisan bread.
Enjoy this delicious Heirloom Tomato Caprese Salad with some of your garden produce tonight!
I made it home from Cancun, Mexico and had a fabulous time! I’ll post about it soon… I hope you’re summer is winding down enjoyably too 🙂
Have a super awesome Wednesday!
- Turkey, Sweet Potato, & Blue Cheese Salad Recipe
- Blackberry Pear Mimosa Recipe
- Cherry & Pistachio Brownies Recipe
- Cranberry Lime Margaritas Recipe
- Tropical Chocolate Protein Smoothie Recipe
- Starbucks Orange Mango Smoothie Recipe
- Creme de Mint Pie Recipe
- Spicy Ritz Crackers
- French Onion Soup
- Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping Recipe
- Starbucks Spinach Feta Wrap (copycat) Recipe