I love Heirloom Tomatoes! Have you tried them?
I always thought tomato- shamato… they’re all the same. As a kid I didn’t even like tomatoes, actually, over time I grew to almost like them. But, a few years ago I had an ahhh-ha moment when the first Heirloom Tomatoes touched my tongue! It was a delicious Caprese Salad at a nice Italian Restaurant that did it for me.
I’m growing some Heirloom Tomatoes in my little garden this year but the ones in this recipe are from Trader Joes. Oh wait! The little orange ones are the first Sunburst Tomatoes from my garden this year. 🙂
Enjoy these refreshing Heirloom Tomato Caprese Kabobs they taste amazing plus as a bonus herbed dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Heirloom Tomato Caprese Kabobs
- 12 oz pkg mixed baby heirloom tomatoes
- 1 8oz fresh bocconcini mozzarella (mini balls)
- 20 small basil leaves
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh herbs miced (I used basil, oregano, thyme)
- 6 wooden skewers
- Pour olive oil in serving dish, add balsamic vinegar, add fresh herbs; allow flavors to blend while preparing skewers.
- Thread tomato, mozzarella ball, and basil leaf on wooden skewers, repeat until skewer is full.
- Serve with dipping sauce and fresh bread.
Heirloom Tomatoes Caprese Kabobs are a fabulous addition to your next summer get together!