Blueberry Chèvre, Chicken, Heirloom Tomato Salad is sweet and savory all-in-one healthy salad!
Blueberry Chèvre, Chicken, Heirloom Tomato Salad adore this salad…. it’s the perfect combo of savory and sweet!
Blueberry Chèvre, Chicken, Heirloom Tomato Salad… Yum!!! Talk about the PERFECT lunch. I shared this delightful salad with Madeliene and her hubby when I went to visit them and the grandbabes– they could not get over how tasty it was! Spencer (the hubby) especially loved the Blueberry Chevre! Soooo delicious.
Yay for Fit Friday!!! Here… we… GO!!!
Summer is on the way! For most of us that means we are getting ready to head outside in shorts and tank tops, head to the beach or pool in swimming suits, and walk out the door in cute summer dresses for a day out with the girls. Are you noticing a trend there? The clothes are small.
Today’s fit tips aren’t a new workout or tips to healthier eating, instead today’s tips are focused on having a healthier relationship with your body. These tips will take some practice and patience, but they are so important and well worth the effort. As a personal trainer and a trained therapist these are the tips I wish I could instill most in my clients and even more so in my children.
1) Relax. Find things to do that help you relax. For me that includes running, reading, and fun with the family (that last one comes with a lot of “ifs”)
2) Establish healthy goals that have nothing to do with a number on a scale or a number on your tag. Healthy goals that revolve around sleep habits, healthier eating, race goals, keeping up with your kids, etc. Remember the best goals are S.M.A.R.T. goals. Specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, timetable.
3) Throw out your scale. A daily weigh in is not the way to start your day!
4) Ditch the diet. Instead focus on a healthier lifestyle. A couple of weeks ago I talked about tips for intuitive eating, if you missed it go back and take a peak.
5) Practice self-acceptance. Positive affirmations are a great way to start the day. “I am strong.” “I am capable.” “I accept myself.” Positive affirmations are meant to remind you of your own abilities. Focusing on those positives will help them grow and become even stronger. Focusing on the negatives does the same, they grow and become stronger, taking over your soul.
I know that these are easier said than done tips, but they are so important. Instead of using all of your energy stressing about your weight or how the macros in your next snack channel that energy into having a healthier relationship with your body.
Blueberry Chèvre, Chicken, Heirloom Tomato Salad is a protein-packed flavorful salad that you’re day needs!
Much Peace and Love~
Ruthie and Nichole xoxo
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup shredded, cooked chicken breast
- ½ cup petite tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup sliced baby carrots
- ¼ cup blueberry chevre, crumbled
- Divide greens between 2 serving plates.
- Divide remaining ingredients between plates.