Rustic Tomato Basil Tart- is packed with fresh tomatoes, basil, and topped off with parmesan cheese and makes a delightful appetizer or lunch!
I love the summertime when fresh tomatoes and basil are so readily available everywhere, especially if you grow a garden. I love tomatoes and basil paired together- they’re so flavorful and delicious; the perfect compliment to each other! I love this recipe because it’s simple to make, it uses a pre-made pie crust which you can make up a batch of pie crust easy enough to but it’s one more step if you are in a crunch for time.
This recipe is amazing with our Homemade Pesto or feel free to grab a fresh container in the produce section of the grocery store if that works better for your day.
Tomato Basil Rustic Tart
- 1 16 ounce package mini heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoon basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4-5 large basil leaves torn into pieces
- 2 ounces fresh grated manchego anjeo cheese or parmesan
- 1 premade uncooked pie crust
- 1 egg white + 1 tablespoon water beaten
- Preheat oven 425 degrees F.
- Unroll pie crust onto baking sheet.
- Evenly spread basil pesto onto crust leaving 1 inch around the outer edge plain.
- Evenly layer tomatoes cut side up on pesto.
- Drizzle tomatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fold 1 inch edge of crust over edge of tomatoes and crimp approximately every inch.
- Brush crust edge with egg white.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with half of cheese and bake additional 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from oven once crust in golden brown.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and torn basil pieces.
- Slice and Enjoy!
Rustic Tomato Basil Tart is a fun appetizer for your next gathering or make up a salad and serve it for lunch… either way you’ll love it so much!
Much Love and Peace~