Fit Friday is back!!
Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness comes to hang out with us on Fridays! This week Nichole has awesome tips for Fitness Resolutions… a healthy recipe from me and Fitness Tips from Nichole make for a healthy New Year!
Nichole’s Fitness Tips…
We are back and we are focused! The holidays have come and gone and now it is time to refocus on our health and fitness.
I debated weather to have today’s fit tips be a workout or some tips. I have decided on tips, staying focused on New Year’s Resolutions, if you are wanting a workout today go back to one of the earlier workouts, it has been a while so your body will still feel like it is new.
First of all you need to understand that I am not a big believer in life changes just because it is a new year. I am a big believer in constant growth and getting back on track when we have slipped (which most of us do over the holidays). I preface my fit tips with this statement because I want you to understand that most people do not do well in 180 life changes, they tend to fall back into past behaviors because that is what they know and where they are comfortable. So, look at your New Year’s Resolutions and make sure that you are striving for sustainable and realistic goals.
Now, how do we achieve those goals or at least maintain them past mid-January?
1) Make a plan. No one know you better than you do, that means that only you can plan ahead for what your weaknesses and downfalls may be in achieving your plan.Think about those ahead of time and decide how you will combat it.
2) Reward yourself. My favorite rewards are new running shoes or a new pair of running shorts. Do not reward yourself with a trip to your local bakery every time you make it to the gym.
3) Track your progress. All of the little achievements need to be recognized and celebrated. You got up without pushing the snooze button? Awesome! You did an extra mile this week? Fantastic! You passed up ice cream last night? Gold star!
5) Persistence and patience. New habits take time to form and make part of a lifestyle. These changes aren’t going to be easy and happen overnight. Stick with it. Constantly recommit yourself. And before you know it getting gym time scheduled will just seem like a regular part of your day.
Remember, you are important and worth some effort!
Ruthie’s Healthy Recipe…
Chicken Brochettes are skewer threaded chicken, red and green peppers, and pineapple – it’ll be your favorite game day appetizer!
What is a Brochette? It’s the French term for the skewer that small cubed food is cooked on and it’s usually grilled.
Wikipedia says it like this… In cooking, en brochette refers to food cooked, and sometimes served, on brochettes, or skewers. The French term generally applies to French cuisine, while other terms like shish kebab, satay, or souvlaki describe the same technique in other cuisines. Food served en brochette is generally grilled.
Chicken Brochettes make for the perfect appetizer, they can be paired with your favorite sauce for an added flavor pop. Just make sure to keep the food chopping relatively uniform and smaller in size for uniform cooking.
- 2 cups chicken breast, cubed
- 1 cup red pepper, medium diced
- 1 cup green pepper, medium diced
- 1 cup onion, medium diced
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 16 wooden brochettes, skewers
- Soak wooden brochettes in water for 10-15 minutes to reduce charing when grilling.
- Coat grill with cooking spray or oil to reduce sticking.
- Preheat grill on medium high.
- Alternate threading chicken, peppers, onions, and pineapple onto soaked brochettes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Repeat with additional brochettes.
- Grill 2-3 minutes per side or until chicken temps at 165 degrees F.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 45Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 32mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
Chicken Brochettes and Fit Friday are a simple appetizer plus a get those Fitness New Years Resolutions set!
Happy Fit Friday!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie
- Oatmeal, Candied Walnut, Raisin Cookies Recipe
- Southwest Potato Hash and Egg Sandwich Recipe
- Thai Chicken Flatbread w/ Cilantro Yogurt Sauce Recipe
- Homemade Sourdough Biscuits Recipe
- Cranberry White Chocolate Artisan Bread Recipe
- Truffle Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- Shrimp and Petite Peppers Salad Recipe
- Honey Molasses Baked Beans Recipe