This Healthy Cashew Chicken Recipe is not only healthy for you it’s FUN to eat!! aka… tastes good! It doesn’t taste like it’s “good” for you and that’s a really great sign : ) So, this Healthy Cashew Chicken Recipe is made with agave which is a sweetener. I LOVE agave! (I use it in my tea almost every night.) Blue Agaves is cactus type plant that is mostly known for being what tequila is made from… the Aztecs prized Agave as the gift from the gods! It has a low glycemic load so it’s much healthier than sugars and corn syrup. Agave can replace sugar in a ratio of 1 cup sugar to 2/3 C agave. It’s sweeter so you don’t need as much which also means less calories : )
Per serving: 256 calories, 15g protein, 31g carb
*My trainer friend, Nicole, gave me this Healthy Cashew Chicken Recipe… she’s awesome!
This Healthy Cashew Chicken Recipe is SO much better tasting than the original deep fried version! You’ll never miss that corner Chinese joint… upping the fiber with brown rice is also a smart move for Healthy and Happy New Year!!
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, can use low sodium
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 large carrots, julienne
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 cup cashews
- In a bowl, combine juice, agave nectar, soy sauce, cornstarch, and seasonings.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp oil until it begins to smoke. Stir-fry vegtables for several minutes until the onions become fragrant. Set aside.
- In same skillet, heat another Tbsp of oil until smoking and stir-fry chicken chunks until browned and tender. Add cooked vegetables, cashews, and sauce mixture. Continue cooking until sauce bubbles and thickens. Serve over brown rice.
- Per serving: 256 calories, 15g protein, 31g carb
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 283Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 605mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 22g
- Alfredo Basil Chicken Penne Recipe
- BBQ Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- Thai Chicken Flatbread w/ Cilantro Yogurt Sauce Recipe
- Irish Bangers & Mash with Brown Gravy Recipe
- Grilled Chicken with Spicy Mayo Sandwich Recipe
- Chinese Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
- Baked Crispy Chicken, Rice Pilaf, and Green Beans Recipes
- Crockpot White Chicken Chili Recipe