Italian Chicken Recipe is a long time favorite at our house. . .we just love it so much! It’s simple to make in the slow cooker with only a few ingredients and then let the magic of the crock pot do it’s thing! Chicken recipes turn out so tender and flavorful in the slow cooker. . . we know you’ll love our Italian Chicken Recipe just as much as we do!
Italian Chicken Recipe on Fox13 The Place
Slow Cooker Tips & Tricks
Let’s just have a little crock pot talk here for a minute…
As most of you know I’m a graduate of the Culinary School and one of the class that’s required is Sanitation and Safety. During this class we had an eye-opening chat about slow cookers and how they can be the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and pathogens.
• If not careful they can be the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and pathogens.
• Preheat your crock pot just like you preheat your oven so plug it in and turn it to the high setting to get it nice and hot from the start for cooking. After all there is only one little probe heating the whole slow cooker!
• Add everything into the crock pot as warmed up as it can be, to cut down on the getting-the-food-hot portion of cooking, this is where you need to be cautious and make sure it is all hot and up to cooking temperature in 2-3 hours.
• If food stays between 41 degrees and 135 degrees for 4 hours, then it has to be thrown out because the bacteria and pathogens have had much too much time to grow and a food borne illness is a likely result.
• If you add meat make sure it is thawed and NEVER frozen, if it’s beef or pork brown it first.
- Add liquids hot ie: like use HOT water or warm up any liquids in the microwave first then add them in already hot.
- Spray the ceramic insert with cooking spray to make clean up a snap! It’ll wipe out with no sticking!
Slow Cookers are wonderful things and if we take a couple of quick precautions to keep food safe while using them… they are even better! 🙂
More slow cooker recipes you may also enjoy:
• Coca-Cola BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich
• Slow Cooker Honey Chipotle Chicken
• Mediterranean Chicken with Brown Rice
• Cafe Rio Sweet Pork (copycat)
• Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 6 chicken breasts, thawed
- 2 packets of dry Italian salad dressing seasoning packets
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 8 ounce neufatchel (1/3 less fat) cream cheese
- 6 servings whole grain noodles or brown rice, cooked according to package
- garnish with green onion, if desired
- Place first 3 ingredients in slow cooker, cook on low 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- (Stir occasionally if you’re around)
- When ready to serve shred the chicken with two forks; reserve 1/3 of chicken for additional recipe.
- Add the neufatchel cream cheese into slow cooker; allow to melt in while preparing noodles or rice.
- Stir in cream cheese until completely incorporated.
- Serve over noodles or rice.
Use the reserved shredded chicken from this recipe in this delicious Italian Artichoke Chicken Pasta ! I even freeze the chicken in a freezer bag and pull it out later when I need a quick and easy dinner.
Italian Chicken Recipe is a dish the whole family will love- you’ll be huge fans!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make this recipe leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie so we can share the joy of cooking with you!
One more thing before you go!. . . be inspired with CWR Recipe, Travel, and a variety of Etceteras every week by signing up to receive our emails! Click here to subscribe. We send out our newest posts, a collection of our latest favorites, and more! We love to stay connected with you.
Ruthie & Madeliene
- Pasta & Red Sauce, Basil Chicken, & Caramelized Parsnips Recipe
- Chicken and Sausage Gumbo with Rice Recipe
- Elk Steak Stroganoff Recipe
- Chinese Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
- Chicken Brochettes and Fit Friday
- Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
- 4th of July Watermelon Appetizer Recipe
Ok I reaallly need to try this! Sounds so easy and so yummy
Hi Em! This one is SO good and simple too which is always a plus, right! Thanks for the nice comment xoxo~ Ruthie
The Contessa(Linda) says
Thanks for bringing this over to Saturday Dishes. I could have chicken any way everyday.
The Contessa (Linda)
Shannah @ Just Us Four says
This looks delicious! Thanks so much for linking up to the Pinworthy Projects Party this week!
Oh my goodness!!! This looks beyond Tasty!
I can’t wait to try this one out.
Thanks so much for linking up with us on Falling For Friday!!!
Please don’t forget to add a link pointing back to us, and we hope to see again this week!
just love // kelly
Cindy @Hun... What's for Dinner? says
Looks fantastic! I’m bookmarking this to make real soon. Thanks for linking to Simple Supper Tuesday!
Lisa Lynn says
Sounds wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing this on The Creative HomeAcre! I can’t wait to see what you share next time at…
Thanks so much… this dish is really simple and super tasty! A winning combo around our house 🙂 xoxo~ Ruthie
thanks for linking up to Saturday Dishes, hope you’ll come back next week – St Patrick’s day edition
Thanks for hosting! Come back and share at my Super Saturday Show & Tell party 🙂 xoxo~ Ruthie
KC @ The Real Thing with the Coake Family says
This looks easy and delicious. I love the crock-pot for busy days. It sure helps me save money rather than eat out.
I would love if you would share this at my link party. https://www.realcoake.com/2013/03/real-family-fun-5.html
This looks wonderful, have a question – when you say to use 2 dry Italian seasoning packets, do you mean dry Italian salad dressing mix?
Yes, mam that’s the stuff… dry Italian salad dressing mix! It’s amazing 🙂 xoxo~ Ruthie
What is neufatchel cream cheese? Could I substitute any cream cheese and if so how much do I use?
Hi Kristy! Neufatchel Cream Cheese is 1/3 lower fat cream cheese, of course it’s fine to use regular cream cheese too but I wouldn’t use fat free- it has a different texture and doesn’t melt well. You will adore this recipe! It’s sooooooo good 🙂 xoxo~ Ruthie
Thanks so much we loved it! Will definitely be a new crock pot go to recipe
Hi Kristy… we absolutely love this recipe too! It’s so quick and easy and delicious. I love to hear back on recipes~ thank you for the fun comment 🙂 xoxo~ Ruthie