This simple to make but oh so tasty Coca-Cola BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich Recipe that was just perfect for our recent gathering! We had a huge multi-family group with six slow cookers going to feed us all and everyone raved about how delicious the coca cola pulled chicken tasted! If you’re looking for a simple slow cooker dinner to enjoy with your family or a recipe that can be duplicated to easily feed a crowd then our pulled chicken in coca cola is just what you’re looking for!
Coca-Cola BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich Recipe
I love to host gatherings for my friends and family both small and large! Making “food memories” is something that I’ve always enjoyed because isn’t it wonderful to share a meal, chat, and connect with the ones we love around the table! Food Memories have such strong bonds as you all know. . . I’m whisked away to my childhood with every bite of my Gram’s Clam Chowder or her Banana Bread !
We are using our Slow Cooker for this recipe so here are some Tips & Tricks:
• They can be the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and pathogens.
• Preheat your crock pot just like you preheat your oven. Plug it in and turn it to the High setting to get it nice and hot for cooking.
• Add everything into the crock pot as warmed up as it can be, to cut down on the getting-the-food-hot portion of cooking, this is where you need to be cautious and make sure it is all hot and up to cooking temperature in 2-3 hours. If food stays between 41 degrees and 135 degrees for 4 hours, then it has to be thrown out because the bacteria and pathogens have had much too much time to grow and a foodborne illness is a likely result.
• If you add meat make sure it is thawed and NEVER frozen, if it’s beef or pork brown it first.
• Add liquids hot ie: like use HOT water or warm up any liquids in the microwave first then add them in already hot.
Three simple ingredients to make pulled chicken in coca cola:
• 4 pounds Chicken Breasts
• 1 bottle of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce (or your favorite)
• 1 can coca cola
AND your slow cooker! That’s it. SO simple and SO delish!!!
You may also enjoy these sides with your Coca-Cola BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich Recipe
• Honey Lemon Vinaigrette with Mixed Greens Salad
Coca~Cola BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich is perfect to “amp” up for big crowds or keep it simple with a single batch for the family.
If you love the slow cooker like we do then you may also love these recipes:
Coca~Cola BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich were a BIG hit with our family shin-dig!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make this recipe leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie so we can share the joy of cooking with you!
One more thing before you go!. . . be inspired with CWR Recipe, Travel, and a variety of Etceteras every week by signing up to receive our emails! Click here to subscribe. We send out our newest posts, a collection of our latest favorites, and more! We love to stay connected with you.
Ruthie & Madeliene