This simple to make but oh so tasty Coca-Cola BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich Recipe that was just perfect for our recent gathering! We had a huge multi-family group with six slow cookers going to feed us all–everyone raved about how delicious the pulled chicken coca cola tasted! If you’re looking for a simple slow cooker dinner to enjoy with your family or a recipe that can be duplicated to easily feed a crowd then our coca cola chicken slow cooker is just what you’re looking for!
Why we love our Coca-Cola BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich Recipe
I love to host gatherings for my friends and family both small and large! Making “food memories” is something that I’ve always enjoyed because isn’t it wonderful to share a meal, chat, and connect with the ones we love around the table!
Simple ingredients in Coca-Cola BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich Recipe
• 4 pounds Chicken Breasts
• 1 bottle of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce (or your favorite)
• 1 can coca cola
AND your slow cooker! That’s it. SO simple and SO delish!!!
Slow Cooker Tips & Tricks
• They can be the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and pathogens.
• Preheat your crock pot just like you preheat your oven. Plug it in and turn it to the High setting to get it nice and hot for cooking.
• Add everything into the crock pot as warmed up as it can be, to cut down on the getting-the-food-hot portion of cooking, this is where you need to be cautious and make sure it is all hot and up to cooking temperature in 2-3 hours. If food stays between 41 degrees and 135 degrees for 4 hours, then it has to be thrown out because the bacteria and pathogens have had much too much time to grow and a foodborne illness is a likely result.
• If you add meat make sure it is thawed and NEVER frozen, if it’s beef or pork brown it first.
• Add liquids hot ie: like use HOT water or warm up any liquids in the microwave first then add them in already hot.
- 4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 12oz sweet baby ray's Cola~Q BBQ sauce (save some for serving)
- 1 12oz can of Coca~Cola soda
- 12 sandwich or hoagie rolls
- Coat slow cooker ceramic insert with cooking spray.
- Preheat on high.
- Add chicken, pour BBQ sauce and soda; stir to mix.
- Cook on high for 3 hours, low for 6-7 hours.
- Before serving, pull or shred chicken with two forks into small pieces.
- Serve on buns with additional BBQ sauce if desired.
- * this chicken recipe freezes well to be served again later 🙂
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 430Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 133mgSodium: 657mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 15gProtein: 52g
More Slow Cooker Recipes
Coca~Cola BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich were a BIG hit with our family!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene