Our simple to make Coca-Cola BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich Recipe was fabulous for a recent gathering! Everyone raved about how delicious the pulled chicken coca cola tasted. If you’re looking for a simple slow cooker dinner then our coca cola chicken slow cooker is what you’re looking for!
Why we love our Coca-Cola BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich Recipe
We had a huge multi-family group with six slow cookers going to feed us all–I love to host gatherings for my friends and family both small and large!
Making “food memories” is something that I’ve always enjoyed because isn’t it wonderful to share a meal, chat, and connect with the ones we love around the table!
Food Memories have such strong bonds as you all know. . . I’m whisked away to my childhood with every bite of my Gram’s Clam Chowder or her Banana Bread !
Simple ingredients in Coca-Cola BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich Recipe
• 4 pounds Chicken Breasts
• 1 bottle of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce (or your favorite)
• 1 can coca cola
AND your slow cooker! That’s it. SO simple and SO delish!!!
Slow Cooker Tips & Tricks
Let’s just have a little talk about our slow cookers here for a minute. . .
As most of you know I’m a graduate of the Culinary School and one of the classes that’s required is Sanitation and Safety. During this class we had an eye-opening chat about slow cookers and how they can be the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and pathogens.
- If not careful they can be the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and pathogens.
- Preheat your crock pot just like you preheat your oven so plug it in and turn it to the high setting to get it nice and hot from the start for cooking. After all there is only one little probe heating the whole slow cooker!
- Add everything into the crock pot as warmed up as it can be, to cut down on the getting-the-food-hot portion of cooking, this is where you need to be cautious and make sure it is all hot and up to cooking temperature in 2-3 hours.
- If food stays between 41 degrees and 135 degrees for 4 hours, then it has to be thrown out because the bacteria and pathogens have had much too much time to grow and a food borne illness is a likely result.
- If you add meat; be sure it is thawed and NEVER added frozen, if it’s beef or pork brown it first.
- Add liquids hot ie: like use HOT water or warm up any liquids in the microwave first then add them in already hot.
- Spray the ceramic insert with cooking spray to make clean up a snap! It’ll wipe out with no sticking!
Slow Cookers are wonderful things and if we take a couple of quick precautions to keep food safe while using them… they are even better! 🙂
Coca~Cola BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich Recipe
This simple to make but oh so tasty Coca-Cola BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich Recipe that was just perfect for our recent gathering!
- 4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 12oz sweet baby ray's Cola~Q BBQ sauce (save some for serving)
- 1 12oz can of Coca~Cola soda
- 12 sandwich or hoagie rolls
- Coat slow cooker ceramic insert with cooking spray.
- Preheat on high.
- Add chicken, pour BBQ sauce and soda; stir to mix.
- Cook on high for 3 hours, low for 6-7 hours.
- Before serving, pull or shred chicken with two forks into small pieces.
- Serve on buns with additional BBQ sauce if desired.
- * this chicken recipe freezes well to be served again later 🙂
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 430Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 133mgSodium: 657mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 15gProtein: 52g
More Slow Cooker Recipes
• Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
• Mediterranean Chicken with Brown Rice
• Cafe Rio Sweet Pork (copycat)
• Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu
Coca~Cola BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich were a BIG hit with our family!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Cooking with Ruthie on Instagram
Cooking with Ruthie on Pinterest
Cooking with Ruthie on Facebook
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
Jennifer @ MondoMom says
I’m always looking for new ways to make chicken! This one is going to be pinned! : )
Thank you so much! You’ll love this easy dinner recipe… I hope you enjoy! xoxo~ Ruthie
Made this last week! The whole family loved it! Making it again tonight! Thank you! =0)
Oh awesome! I’m so glad… it’s such a quick and easy recipe and everyone always loves it 🙂 Wins all around, right?! Thanks for the fun comment. Have a wonderful weekend. xoxo~ Ruthie
Made this yesterday for a house full of people. It was fantastic and I am adding it to my rotation!!
Hi Kjersti! I LOVED getting your comment this morning… you made my day! Thank you!! I’m so glad y’all loved this recipe. It’s a good one, a keeper for sure:) xoxo~ Ruthie
Can this be cooked on the stove top? If so how long?
Yes, it could be covered and simmered on low on the stove… I would let it go for about 1 1/2-2 hours or until it shreds easily. If you wanted to watch it and stir it often it could be cooked faster on medium heat. Hope that is helpful 🙂 xoxo~ Ruthie
What size crockpot are you using?
Hi Kelly… I use an 8 quart slow cooker. You will love this recipe so much!! It’s great for busy days 🙂 xoxo~ Ruthie
Do you thaw the chicken first or put it in frozen?
Hi Nicole. . . yes, the chicken is thawed before adding to the slow cooker. I hope you love this recipe like we do!! It’s so great for dinner 🙂 xoxo~ Ruthie
I made this for my coworkers it was a big hit! Everyone wanted the recipe. I directed them to your site. Can this be done in the oven in a heavy Dutch oven? If so time/temp.
That’s so awesome!!! I’m so happy to hear that you all enjoyed it. Yes, you could also do it in the dutch oven and I would bake it at 350 degrees for two hours and then just continue to check it often to see when shreds easily. Have a beautiful weekend! 🙂
What do you do with the cola/BBQ liquid after shredding the chicken? Throw it out or return the shredded chicken to it?
Hi!! Great question. I usually throw it out so that the chicken isn’t too wet when I put it on the buns so that it doesn’t get the buns soggy. 🙂