Today’s BBQ Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe is a slow cooker dinner that’s simple to make and tastes amazing!
BBQ Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe
This BBQ Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe is a tasty source of protein! It also makes the absolute best left overs! I love to grab the chicken out of the fridge to make a quick sandwich for lunch!
Another easy thing to do, is to freeze half of it and save it for a rainy day. You know those days where you don’t know what to make for dinner and you’re just hungry now?
Pull this out of the freezer, warm it up, make some sandwiches…and you are good to go my friend!
Ingredients in BBQ Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- chicken breasts
- favorite BBQ sauce
- chipotle peppers
- multigrain sandwich buns
- red onion
- spinach leaves
- gorgonzola cheese
Fit Friday with Nichole
The sun is shining and I am sweating, but, yet, I some how keep forgetting to rehydrate. How is this even possible? Well, wait, I will tell you how it is possible.
The kids have me running (driving) to and fro so much that I can’t remember to keep my head attached half the time. I get to drum lessons, ready to sit in the car for 30 minutes with my book and my water bottle only to find I have left them both sitting on the counter at home.
Or sweaty child climbs in after soccer practice and drinks all of my water, leaving me high and dry.
Each week I start with a renewed commitment to keeping water close by at all times, this week I realized I needed to add a reminder of why. Reminding myself of the importance helps with the priority list and the follow through.
In the summer this seems to be extra true, maybe it is just because I let myself get dehydrated so much more in the heat.
My energy level is often the first reminder I get, unfortunately this is also the one I can easily ignore or I “fix” with the wrong go-to.
But now that we have the whys let’s remind ourselves of the hows.
- 2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 1/2 cups favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced chipotle peppers
- 8 thin multigrain sandwich buns
- 1 red onion sliced
- 2 to matoes, sliced
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine shredded chicken, chipotle, and bbq sauce.
- Bring to simmer; cook for 10 minutes- stirring occasionally.
- When ready to serve, layer buns with spinach, chicken, gorgonzola, red onions, and tomato.
- Serve warm and Enjoy!
More Sandwich Recipes
- BBQ Shredded Chicken Sandwich
- Hummus Steak Sandwich
- Italian Chicken Sliders Recipe
- Irish Spicy Reuben Sandwich
- Avocado, Hummus, and Turkey Open-faced Sandwich
- Hot Turkey Provolone Sandwich with Basil Mayo
- Mediterranean Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe
- Salmon Salad Sandwich
Enjoy a BBQ Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe this week!
Thanks for being a part of the CWR blog-family!
All the love,
- Oatmeal, Candied Walnut, Raisin Cookies Recipe
- Southwest Potato Hash and Egg Sandwich Recipe
- Sourdough Zucchini Bread Recipe
- Steak & Linguini Pasta with Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce Recipe
- Dried Hibiscus Flower & Dark Chocolate Power Bites Recipe
- Achiote Beef Cabbage Bowl Recipe
- Cilantro Turkey Lavash Wrap with Pico de Gallo Mayo
- Chicken Brochettes and Fit Friday