Shredded Beef Taco Salad is a filling lunch or dinner for any day of the week!
Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness is here to hang out with us. I love having her visit and inspire our fitness! A Healthy Recipe, Shredded Beef Taco Salad from me + Back to School Chipper from Nichole = a healthy, happy, and balanced life!
Shredded Beef Taco Salad is nestled into a bed of shredded green cabbage and then topped with shredded beef, hot sauce, red onions, and topped with a mix of chopped onions and cilantro! Take or leave the tortilla chips depending on what you like. . . I usually get filled up without the chips but that’s just me. 🙂
If you’re a dressing kinda person, then you’ll adore our Cilantro Ranch Dressing with your Shredded Beef Taco Salad! I typically prefer to enjoy the flavors of my salad with salsa as the dressing BUT I know there are some people out there that think salads are the perfect excuse to have dressing!! SOoooo, enjoy it whichever way works for you. 🙂
Miss Nichole’s Back to School Chipper. . .
We are back to school and back to routine, at least at my house. I am super excited about getting regular workouts back in at the gym! At least that is the hope, I am sure the school germs will be hitting the house within the next couple of weeks.
Today we are celebrating having more than 20 minutes to workout with an awesome chipper. The trick to chippers is to break it up into small doable sections.
Some of it is body weight exercises and some of it will require weights and a pull up bar.
Push hard! Work hard! And get it done!!!
Shredded Beef Taco Salad is a hearty and filling meal. . . if you love Tex-mex, then you’ll love this salad!
Have an amazing Fit Friday!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 1/2 cup shredded beef
- 1/4 cup salsa or hot sauce
- 1/4 cup small diced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- corn tortilla chips, for serving
- Shredded Beef:
- 2.5 pounds flank steak
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 white onions, thinly sliced and divided
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl combine onions and cilantro; mix to combine.
- Divide cabbage between two serving plates.
- Top with beef, hot sauce, red onion, and onion/cilantro mixture.
- Serve with tortilla chips if desired.
- Shredded Beef:
- Season both sides of the flank steak with 1 teaspoon sea salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Heat a dutch oven or heavy bottom skillet over medium high heat.
- Once hot add flank steak and sear on both sides.
- Add sliced onions, oregano, bay leaves, and beef broth.
- Cover with lid and simmer for 1½ -2 hours or until meat in tender.
- Drain the meat and let cool, cut into 2 inch cubes and using hands shred the meat.