Our Chipotle Pineapple BBQ Beef Sliders Recipe is a slow cooker recipe that is perfect for fall tailgating parties! Today’s flank steak slow cooker recipe is a crowd pleaser for sure. So great to make and take along with you on all your autumn adventures!
Why we love Chipotle Pineapple BBQ Beef Sliders Recipe
Chipotle Pineapple BBQ Beef Sliders are just perfect for fall gatherings, for everything from tailgating to back yard gatherings, they’re awesome! It’s the beginning of slow cooker time of year around our house so, this recipe is even more awesome.
Chipotle Pineapple BBQ Beef Sliders can actually be served on normal sized buns, of course! I love the little slider buns because they’re just so dang cute, but if your hungry belly is more into big sized then regular buns will work great too.
Ingredients in Chipotle Pineapple BBQ Beef Sliders Recipe
- olive oil
- beef broth
- fresh pineapple
- chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- bbq sauce, I like sweet baby rays
- worcestershire sauce
- tomato paste
- fresh thyme
- flank steak
- slider rolls
- fresh pineapple- to garnish
Slow Cooker Tips & Tricks
Let’s just have a little talk about our slow cookers here for a minute. . .
As most of you know I’m a graduate of the Culinary School and one of the classes that’s required is Sanitation and Safety. During this class we had an eye-opening chat about slow cookers and how they can be the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and pathogens.
- If not careful they can be the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and pathogens.
- Preheat your crock pot just like you preheat your oven so plug it in and turn it to the high setting to get it nice and hot from the start for cooking. After all there is only one little probe heating the whole slow cooker!
- Add everything into the crock pot as warmed up as it can be, to cut down on the getting-the-food-hot portion of cooking, this is where you need to be cautious and make sure it is all hot and up to cooking temperature in 2-3 hours.
- If food stays between 41 degrees and 135 degrees for 4 hours, then it has to be thrown out because the bacteria and pathogens have had much too much time to grow and a food borne illness is a likely result.
- If you add meat; be sure it is thawed and NEVER added frozen, if it’s beef or pork brown it first.
- Add liquids hot ie: like use HOT water or warm up any liquids in the microwave first then add them in already hot.
- Spray the ceramic insert with cooking spray to make clean up a snap! It’ll wipe out with no sticking!
Slow Cookers are wonderful things and if we take a couple of quick precautions to keep food safe while using them… they are even better! 🙂
Fit Friday with Miss Nichole
My kids know my initial response to anger, tears, frustration, etc is to breathe.
Why? Taking a minute or two to breathe can lower blood pressure, improve anxiety, lower depression, increase focus, and better overall wellness. Two of my favorite breathing exercises are Belly Breathing and Box Breathing.
People generally breathe through their abdomen (Diaphragmatic breathing) or through their chest (Thoracic breathing). The slow deep breathing that we discuss and encourage is diaphragmatic breathing. This type of breathing is a type of deep, even breathing that engages your diaphragm, allowing your lungs to expand and creating negative pressure that drives air in through the nose and mouth, filling your lungs with air.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced (seeds removed)
- 1 cup bbq sauce, I like sweet baby rays
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 2-3 springs of fresh thyme
- 2.5 pounds flank steak
- 18 slider rolls
- 2 cups pineapple, finely sliced
- Coat slow cooker insert with cooking spray.
- Preheat on high.
- Heat saute pan over medium high heat, add oil, add flank steak and cook 3 minutes per side; place in slow cooker.
- Add onions to hot pan; cook 2-3 minutes, stirring until onions are browned and aromatic.
- Put onion in slow cooker, deglaze pan by pouring beef broth into pan, cooke 2 minutes while stirring to scape up flavor bits from bottom of pan.
- Pour into slow cooker.
- Add pineapple, chipotle peppers, bbq sauce, worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, fresh thyme; stir to combine.
- Cook high 3 hours, low 6 hours.
- Before serving, shred beef with 2 forks, stir.
- Serve on buns with additional BBQ sauce if desired.
- Enjoy your Chipotle Pineapple BBQ Beef Sliders Recipe!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 395mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 22g
More Slow Cooker Recipes
- Coca-Cola BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich
- White Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Honey Chipotle Chicken
- Mediterranean Chicken with Brown Rice
- Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
- Cafe Rio Sweet Pork (copycat)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwich
- Slow Cooker Lumberjack Chili
Don’t forget to grab a bag salt and vinegar chips to with your Chipotle Pineapple BBQ Beef Sliders! Mmmmm hmmm good.
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Nichole, Ruthie, & Madeliene