Grilled Pineapple, BBQ Jackfruit, and Gorgonzola Salad is quick and easy to make for your summertime lunches!
Fit Fri-YAY is back with Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness talking about push-ups. Do you love push-ups? Do you hate push-ups but challenge yourself to do them anyway? Do you wish you could do more push-ups? Keep reading for more info…
Grilled Pineapple, BBQ Jackfruit, and Gorgonzola Salad has got me craving this salad for lunch today! Mmmm-mmmm… I need it!!! I’m such a huge pineapple fan it’s not even funny. I’d have to say my top two favorite fruits are pineapples and watermelon. Even better in summer with all the yummy freshness– am I right?! The jackfruit in this recipe is delicious!!! We love amazon pantry and definitely recommend these products! You can try buying Jackfruit already BBQ flavored here Upton’s Naturals Jackfruit(Bar-B-Que), or… make your own by buying this Trader Joe’s Green Jackfruit and then flavoring it with your favorite BBQ sauce. Our family loves Sweet Baby Rays Sauce Bbq and Chiles Chipotles Relish for the recipe!
Indulge and enjoy the amazingly fresh pineapple that we have available to us right now, with this Grilled Pineapple, BBQ Jackfruit, and Gorgonzola Salad!!! If you love salads, try Blueberry Chevre, Chicken, Heirloom Tomato Salad , Beet, Orange, and Gorgonzola Salad, and Fresh Fruit, Mint, and Feta Salad.
If you have ever been to one of my classes or trained with me you know that I love push-ups! And not just regular old push-ups, although those are my favorite, I love all sorts of variations of push-ups. Why do I love push-ups? Because they are an exercise that most of the population is at least some what familiar with AND because they are awesome for your body.
Now, before you completely dismiss me and say “I can’t do push-ups,” let’s talk about variations and modifications.
The standard push-up that we are all familiar with is completed from our toes. Core is activated, keeping hip-joint in line and spine straight without any sagging. Our shoulders are retracted and neck is neutral.
We can modify a push-up without losing the important aspects of muscle engagement and movement. You can start on your knees and shorten the movement. You can move onto a bench or even up against the wall. These are modifications that will allow you to complete your push-ups while still gaining strength.
We have talked about why I love push-ups and about how to do them, now let’s talk push-up challenge.
For 30 days we are going to build up or push-ups. We are going to start with 10 and add two push ups per day. Each day work on the hardest version possible before moving to an incline or dropping to your knees.
If push-ups are easy for you mix it up a bit; burpee push-ups, tricep push-ups, single arm, etc. Mix it up, have fun with it, and above all challenge yourself.
Grilled Pineapple, BBQ Jackfruit, and Gorgonzola Salad will freshen up your day in a HEALTHY way!
Nichole, Madeliene, & Ruthie
- BBQ Jackfruit:
- 1 14 ounce can green jackfruit, drained
- ½ cup your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced chipotle peppers
- 3 cups spinach
- 2 cups grilled pineapple
- 3/4 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbles
- ¼ cup chives
- BBQ Jackfruit:
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat add jackfruit, bbq sauce, and 1 teaspoon lime juice and minced chipolte peppers, and minced cilantro; stir to combine.
- Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- To serve:
- Divide spinach between 2 serving plates.
- Divide remaining ingredients between plates.
- Serve with additional BBQ sauce and grilled pineapple wedges.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 853Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 2332mgCarbohydrates: 133gFiber: 15gSugar: 99gProtein: 41g
- Sweet & Spicy Candied Pecans Recipe
- Sourdough Zucchini Bread Recipe
- Butternut Squash & Apple Street Taco Recipe
- Strawberry Yogurt Popsicle Recipe
- Non-boozy Blueberry Mint Mojito Recipe
- Lemon Coconut Scones with Lemon Glaze Recipe
- Salsa Chicken Bake Recipe
- Apple Cinnamon Dutch Babies Recipe
- 15 Simple & Healthy Smoothie Recipes
- Grilled Chicken with Spicy Mayo Sandwich Recipe
- Spicy Tequila Elk Steak Fajitas Recipe
- Herbed Grilled Chicken Recipe