Gorgonzola and Pine Nut Artisan Loaf is a simple to make, no-knead recipe and the flavor profile is completely amazing!
I love to use my sourdough starter in this recipe but if you haven’t gotten on board with the sourdough movement going on around here then follow this recipe that uses yeast instead of sourdough starter. It’s one of my first posts so the photo’s are a bit crazy but the recipe is sure to be a hit… Bread you never thought could come from your oven!
I love my sourdough starter SO much and the subtle tang it adds to recipes~ I’ve just had the best time creating with my little sourdough lovie. You’ll be seeing more of my kitchen sourdough creations popping up around here. I found a really great recipe for making your own Sourdough Starter from King Arthur Flour so get some going and lets have tons of fun baking with our sourdough starters!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon yeast
- 1/2 cup sourdough starter
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons roasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Coat one side of a piece of saran wrap with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large non-metallic bowl combine flour, sea salt, and yeast; mix to combine.
- Add hot water, stir by hand until evenly moistened.
- Add sourdough starter, pine nuts, and gorgonzola cheese; mix to incorporate (it will have lumps.)
- Cover entire bowl with prepared saran wrap.
- Let sit for at least 12 hours. (can go longer if needed)
- Gently turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, pull the sides in, and flip the loaf over.
- Cover again with the same saran and let raise for 45 min.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees with ceramic dutch oven and lid inside.
- Carefully place dough in pot, replace lid, and cook for 22-25 minutes - a deep brown, crispy top of loaf is desired.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Slice and Enjoy!
I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend with your family and friends! I’ve been catching some rays of sunshine in LA with my sister over the weekend. Not gonna lie… I wish I could stay longer 🙂
Much Love and Peace~