Bread you never thought could come from your oven
|Measure out the flour|
|Add dry ingredients|
|Mix till moistened|
|2 sheets of saran, over lapping|
|Spray with cooking spray|
|Let sit for at least 12 hours (it’s very forgiving, can go longer if necessary) and the ceramic dutch oven.|
|Separate into loaves on a floured surface|
|Bring the edges in|
|flip loaf over for a second rise|
|45 minutes later they are ready to bake|
|pick up a loaf and quickly place it into your 500 degree pot|
|I hope that looks quick!!|
|Replace the lid and bake for 22 min or till lightly browned|
It got fabulous reviews!! We love this bread… NO kneading necessary!
- 3 C flour
- 1 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp instant dry yeast
- 1 1/2 C hot water
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl, hand stir, add water and mix till moist, cover entire bowl with saran wrap that has been generously cooking sprayed.
- Let sit for at least 12 hours.
- Turn out dough onto a floured surface, (divide into loaves, if doing multi-batch) pull the sides in, and flip the loaf over.
- Cover again with the same saran and let raise for 45 min or double in size.
- Warm the oven to 500 degrees with the pot inside.
- Carefully place dough in pot, replace lid, and cook for 22 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack.
*I figure if I am going to the effort to make 1 loaf… why not make 4? (They freeze really well for 2-3 months, just defrost on the counter)
12 C flour
5 tsp sea salt
1 tsp yeast
6 C hot water
In a very large bowl follow the directions above, repeat the baking instructions 4 times. (Keep the saran wrap on the loafs of bread between baking so it won’t dry out)
Whole Wheat Artisan Bread
3 C whole wheat flour
1/4 C honey (spray measure cup first with cooking spray for easy removal)
1/2 tsp yeast
1 1/4 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 C hot water
Follow directions the same as above…